What's Your Attendance Like? Watch

Poll: On average, I miss this many FULL days per school year...
0 days (54)
19.93%
1-5 days (110)
40.59%
6-10 days (35)
12.92%
11-19 days (21)
7.75%
20+ days (51)
18.82%
Overground
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was just wondering what the norm is.

- Do you ever skip lessons at sixth form/college?
- Do you miss many days due to illness?
- Do you miss many days because you can't be arsed, and you're tired?
- Do you ever plan ahead a day you're going to have off, to recover from something or whatever?
- Do you find it difficult when you've missed a day to catch up on your work?
Mikiki
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I skipped loads of classes at college, got kicked out, and now I'm having to pay £100's to learn all my A levels at home because none of the local colleges will accept me.

Learn from my mistake - skipping class is not cool!
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
I haven't missed a lesson since I started sixth form :o: although I'm regularly late. I think I've missed about two or three days since I started back in year 7, something stupidly low like that.
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to, but then all my teachers got angry at me so I now turn up. I missed one lesson last week due to an accidental late night.
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I left sixth form this summer but anyway..I skived loads of lessons, mainly because I couldn't be bothered walking for the bus so I'd go for the hourly one outside the school gates :o: Didn't miss many to illness because I don't get ill often so the days I did miss were just because I couldn't be arsed. I'd wake up some mornings, see the rain and think nah, my shoes will get wet. So I went back to sleep. I missed loads of days to go to football matches too.

I'm amazed I did alright in my A Levels tbh cos I missed quite a bit..My reference still referred to my attendence as 'excellent' though :p:
Symbea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I skip lessons because it makes me look badass and all the girls want to date me.
DisgruntledMoth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I miss them quite a lot. Just not getting up in time, etc. Once I spent a whole college day hiding in my brother's bedroom (my father checks in mine to see if I'm gone...). I felt like a Jew hiding from the Nazis, it was that difficult and terrifying trying not to make any noise. Obviously not to the same extent, but I couldn't even get a book out to read, since he was in the room next to me.

I don't do it to be cool, I just... sometimes... do things, that I don't understand.

EDIT: My worst at the moment is 78%, but my Philosophy went down to 16% before I left the course.
matt2k8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
100% attendance and no lateness since starting 6th form
Sine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This year,I haven't missed any lessons so far apart from Eid where I just missed one day..
Amy_J
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
I felt like a Jew hiding from the Nazis
I anticipate the publication of your diaries shall rival Anne Frank's with their impact on the world.
caroline147
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always skip Key Skills. It's pointless.

My attendance is actually bloody awful. I just get so tired in the morning & feel terrible, but it looks like that's due to thyroid gland issues.

I used to be so good before college .
vinsta
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by matt2k8)
100% attendance and no lateness since starting 6th form
Had that up to 6 form.
Now i attend around half of my timetabled lessons mostly due to incompetent teaching, and I haven't been to registration since year 12- not because I'm a 'badman' but I just don't see the point.
DisgruntledMoth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Amy_J)
I anticipate the publication of your diaries shall rival Anne Frank's with their impact on the world.
Thanks for your reply, that's another pointless notch of sarcasm for you, eh?
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Currently at 75% due to illness.
But I went in for the whole last week!
M_J
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since starting sixth form college and up until now, my attendance is at about 82% .. oops
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Late for every single lesson
Skip any lesson there isn't a teacher.
i had 2 hours of lessons today
the rest was at home
and we're supposed to be at school for 6 and a half hours a day.
mwahahaha

- Do you ever skip lessons at sixth form/college?
Not if there's a teacher.. but if there isn't a teacher, yes

- Do you miss many days due to illness?
Nahhhh cba

- Do you miss many days because you can't be arsed, and you're tired?
Nope

- Do you ever plan ahead a day you're going to have off, to recover from something or whatever?
Nope

- Do you find it difficult when you've missed a day to catch up on your work?
I never have days off.. :P

100% attendance according to my lessons
hahahahahahahahaaa
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
It's abnormally perfect, this year, in comparison to my abysmal record through school. Almost certainly down to the incentive of EMA; if not for it, I'd hardly attend at all. There's negligible disadvantage in isolated non-attendance and I could cope with sustained absence in maths and further maths. However, in physic and computing, I'd do no work at all.
highlifescenery
Report 10 years ago
42% last year, largely due to personal issues. I still managed AAAB in my AS levels, though. I've only had about a week's worth of school off so far this year, so hopefully i'll do even better this time

In answer to your actual questions, I take days off pretty much whenever I feel like it, within reason. If I wake up and don't feel so good whether it be because of illness or if I'm just feeling particularly lazy, I won't go in. I don't often just skip a lesson, unless it's at the start or end of the day and i have something planned or haven't done a bit of work.

I wouldn't exactly advocate my level of attendance, but it hasn't really done me any harm.
Isiti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My schools registration is ridiculous half the classes my name doesn't come up for, despite barely missing a day I have 90% attendance, from not being signed in on certain periods.

Ah well who cares I don't get ema anyway
cfc1992
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
100% - Unless i'm ill which is about one day a year.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?