The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BellaBoo
My attedance was 68% the last time i checked...it must have gone up because i had 2 straight weeks of college, but then fell ill and haven't been in for the last 5 days so its probs plummeted again :frown: .

Do you ever skip lessons at sixth form/college?

Yes i do skip lessons at college, normally because i can't be bothered to wait around for it to start i.e. if i have a lesson @ 9 in the morning and then a 3 hour break till the next 1 then i will sometimes just go home and leave it.
- Do you miss many days due to illness?

No not really, apart from these last few days.

- Do you miss many days because you can't be arsed, and you're tired?

Yup.
- Do you ever plan ahead a day you're going to have off, to recover from something or whatever?

Occassionally.
- Do you find it difficult when you've missed a day to catch up on your work?

Nope.

ME TOO!:yep: ;LOL
-I Skip lessons at college because of the time they start am not going to sit around for 1 whole hour waiting for the next class to start! , plus my college is just dry and boring ZZzzZZz I'd rather SLEEP:rolleyes:

-My attendance was 68% too in one of my lessons. Kind of scary =|
I dont have interest in my subjects so that's the main reason i guess!
CDD; Predicted Hmmm!? Don't care, september 2008 HURRY :woo:
WHO EVER GAVE ME A NEGATIVE:
Shut the fu** up how do you know what kinda situation am in eh???! No you don't & neither are you my dad so just shut your mouth yeah?? cause i don't appreciate someone acting like my dad weirdo!:angry:
And plus i don't care if you negative me:biggrin:
Reply 102
mines like 75% :\
My attendance is getting better. At one point it wa 29% because I had acute tonsilitis, which caused acute laryngitis, which caused a chest infection and was hospitalised. :rolleyes:

My chances of getting 100% this year were gone as I missed the first day back as my flight back from holiday was cancelled. lol

Nope, I've tried but when you have 7 people in your 6th form it's pretty hard. This year is going to be even harder, I'm the only person in my grade :frown:

- Do you miss many days due to illness?

Not often, the occasional spell of malaria can keep me off a couple days though.

- Do you miss many days because you can't be arsed, and you're tired?

Yes.

- Do you ever plan ahead a day you're going to have off, to recover from something or whatever?

Yes, not coming in tomorrow I cba and it's the last day of school which generally speaking is a joke. Cheaply manufactured certificates never did impress me...

- Do you find it difficult when you've missed a day to catch up on your work?

Yes, motivation issues are a b****.

Edit: I have no idea about my attendance at the moment.. I think it's around 6 days but can't be sure. Lowest attendance in my school in form 2, pretty shameful considerring my dad was paying no less than £80 a day to send me there. :s
Reply 105
I've only had 1 day off so far but I've got a bit of a headache atm and when you've got 2 hours of general studies in the morning, having the day off is tempting....
Reply 106
O days
I always go unless I really, really sick
I havnt missed a day of school in 2 years. I am not joking. :eek:
I never miss a day of school or 6th form whether i'm sick or not I always persist on going
Reply 109

Yep. Not so much this year, but last year I spent many a Politics lesson with friends at the pub:smile:

Do you miss many days due to illness?

One this year, I think none last year (that's not to say I had no days off though!)

Do you miss many days because you can't be arsed, and you're tired?

No, not many.

Do you ever plan ahead a day you're going to have off, to recover from something or whatever?

Not in a long time.

Do you find it difficult when you've missed a day to catch up on your work?

Not really... my teachers spend 80% of any given lesson either mindlessly repeating the same points or completely digressing. I learn heaps more when left to my own devices:biggrin:
I attended most of the time. In college I didn't go to key skills, but went to every thing else. I probably had around 6 full days off due to illness.
Reply 111
I always seem to have time off. I am ill alot though...i have had anemia on and off for about 3 years now..plus i get alot of stomach aches.

only been in to college 2 days this week out of 4

but somehow I had 98% attendance last time!
must be a mistake!