The Student Room Group

Portfolio deadlines?

my college has sent my UCAS application off to all universities i've applied to, i hope to study architecture and will need to upload a portfolio to do so, however i've heard nothing back from the unis about it?

i applied to Sheffield and they've given me a deadline, whereas it's crickets from UCL, Northumbria and Nottingham

i logged into the portals of each uni to see if maybe there was any info about uploading portfolios but i got nothing, is this normal or have i missed something in the emails? I've read them over like a hundred times and I'm panicking a bit

any help would be great thanks in advance!!!
Original post by don.aj444
my college has sent my UCAS application off to all universities i've applied to, i hope to study architecture and will need to upload a portfolio to do so, however i've heard nothing back from the unis about it?

i applied to Sheffield and they've given me a deadline, whereas it's crickets from UCL, Northumbria and Nottingham

i logged into the portals of each uni to see if maybe there was any info about uploading portfolios but i got nothing, is this normal or have i missed something in the emails? I've read them over like a hundred times and I'm panicking a bit

Please check your Spam folder and keep in mind it is near Christmas and a lot of staff might be off. You can always email their admissions teams to check on what to do.

UCL requested a portfolio within a few days of application and gave about two weeks to submit it. You can also check their "communications" section of their portal which will have copies of all emails they send you. Nottingham took about 10 days to request portfolio submission and gave about two weeks to submit it.

Not heard any decisions yet from either of these. Application submission was mid October.

When did you submit your application?
Reply 3
Original post by londonstudent002
Please check your Spam folder and keep in mind it is near Christmas and a lot of staff might be off. You can always email their admissions teams to check on what to do.

UCL requested a portfolio within a few days of application and gave about two weeks to submit it. You can also check their "communications" section of their portal which will have copies of all emails they send you. Nottingham took about 10 days to request portfolio submission and gave about two weeks to submit it.

Not heard any decisions yet from either of these. Application submission was mid October.

Checked my spam but nothing! My application was sent on Dec 12 so I think you're right about the Christmas thing, I will be emailing them on Monday to see what will be my next steps, thank you so much for the insight and I hope you hear good things from your choices!
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
When did you submit your application?

December 12
December 12

Be patient. It can take a while for unis to request your portfolio so no need to panic.

nottingham took about 2 weeks to request my portfolio and ucl requested it a few days after but it was sent to my email not the portals. have you heard anything back yet?
Reply 7
Original post by arch17
nottingham took about 2 weeks to request my portfolio and ucl requested it a few days after but it was sent to my email not the portals. have you heard anything back yet?

yep! already sent my portfolio to ucl and got an email from notts a day ago for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending