auxiliary angle method and other trig questions

Watch
This discussion is closed.
slaw
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Could someone teach me this auxiliary angle method and explain what is can actually be used for? I've looked in my book but it doesn't seem to be in there. Which P books cover this topic?

I would also like to ask, what are the uses of cotangent, cosecant, and secant? Or Sin^2 x and other forms similar to that?

And last of all, i would like to ask why are angles sometimes expressed as an angle then minutes and then something else? Like this: angle minute'' and something i don't know

Thanks
anchemis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no idea about auxiliary angle... could you restate the question please?

err... cot, cosec and sec are just the 3 'other' definitions that most people forget due to the syllabus... they are used exactly like sin, cos, tan (I dissagree... no calculator button for those!!)

and its the same for HMS notation (no... its not a ship... its the Hours/Minutes/Second notation..)... so 1 Degree = 60 Minutes = 3600 Seconds... errr or... 1o = 60' = 3600" to be more mathematical... its just how the we never got rid of the babylonian style calculation.. (they worked in base-60)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (247)
39.39%
Take autumn exams (186)
29.67%
Look for a job (21)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.99%
Take a year out (110)
17.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed