The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas

I was wondering what EPQ idea I should take on and the few on my mind are:
- whether or not we should point all our resources into saving earth, battling problems such as climate crises or if we should leave earth and focus our resources in finding a way to travel to another planet where life could possibly be supported (kepler-452b, mars) and/ or terraform planets.

-If democracy is the right political system for the UK, addressing its flaws and comparing it to other ideologies such as Noocracy, plural voting, and lottocracy, just to name a few. I feel as if this would not be an easy question to answer and would be inconclusive.

-The fall of the British Empire, what caused it? I wanted to delve into how the British Empire ceased to be, with discussion points on both world wars.

-Who the real villains were in World war 1- who started it? I wanted to talk about this topic as well since there are a lot of blurred lines as to who people really think were the main agonists of the first World War. If Germany really were to blame for ALL of it (loads of historians agree it was wrong to put all the blame on them) Treaty of Versailles' unfair sanctions and how this led to the eventual rise of dictatorship in Germany and therefore world war 2.
Moved the thread to a more relevant forum
Here are a few thoughts on each of the topics you mentioned:

The idea of focusing resources on saving Earth or finding a new planet to live on is definitely a unique and thought-provoking topic. However, it might be difficult to fully research and write about within the EPQ time frame. If you do decide to pursue this idea, you might want to focus on a specific aspect (such as the feasibility of terraforming Mars) rather than trying to cover the entire topic.

The question of whether democracy is the right political system for the UK is a complex and controversial topic that could definitely make for an interesting EPQ. However, it's worth considering whether you'll be able to find enough evidence and arguments to make a strong case for your position.

The fall of the British Empire is a fascinating topic with plenty of potential for research and analysis. You might want to consider focusing on a specific aspect of the empire's decline, such as the role of world wars or the impact of decolonization.

The question of who the real villains were in World War 1 is another complex and controversial topic that could make for an interesting EPQ. You might want to focus on a specific aspect of the war (such as the Treaty of Versailles or the rise of dictatorship in Germany) rather than trying to cover the entire conflict.

Ultimately, the best EPQ idea for you will depend on your own interests and strengths. Take some time to think about which of these topics you're most passionate about and have the most knowledge and resources to research. Good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply

Latest