The Student Room Group

how can I drink water...??

Hi guys, the title is kinda lame but throughout this holiday I wanna start healthy eating habits, like to eat more fruit and drink more water. The thing is, my hydration is pretty much non existent, I usually only drink water during meals but that's it. I eat fruits which make me feel good but honestly I just don't feel hydrated enough. I want to better my health from what I eat, does anyone have advice for this?
Turn the tap on, pour a glass several times a day and sip. Or neck it if you’re one of them who doesn’t like the taste.

Or get one of them bottles with the time markings on the side of it.
try fizzy water instead of still.

I only drink fizzy water. I'd really struggle to drink enough still water to be honest.
really what do you like about fizzy water? last time I tried it was bitter- :frown: no hate or anything ofcourse!!

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
try fizzy water instead of still.

I only drink fizzy water. I'd really struggle to drink enough still water to be honest.
Fizzy water is bitter - dissolve CO2 in solution and it makes carbonic acid.

What is the modern obsession with drinking water? Drink coffee/tea. Drink squash. Diet fizzy drinks.

Get your fluids without the misery of drinking water
Haha you absolutely put a smile on my face xD Aren't those unhealthy tho lmaooo?? My dentist already says I can't eat sweet stuff soo...

Original post by Apachecow

What is the modern obsession with drinking water? Drink coffee/tea. Drink squash. Diet fizzy drinks.

What does "neck it" mean- ... I'm looking into the time marking bottles rn.. do you use them? if so, what are your experiences??

Original post by Anonymous
Turn the tap on, pour a glass several times a day and sip. Or neck it if you’re one of them who doesn’t like the taste.

Or get one of them bottles with the time markings on the side of it.
are you a tea person?? last time I ate tea it tasted like grass or smt.. (green tea :frown:) again not hating just curious

Original post by Apachecow

drank* before anyone says anything I corrected myself :smile:

are you a tea person?? last time I ate tea it tasted like grass or smt.. (green tea :frown:) again not hating just curious
Haha you absolutely put a smile on my face xD Aren't those unhealthy tho lmaooo?? My dentist already says I can't eat sweet stuff soo...

I'm older and grew up in the 80's. We never really drank water.

I like proper Yorkshire tea, with a splash of milk and no sugar. I drink black coffee. I take a glass of water with me to bed, but would never pour one in the day

Sugar is bad for your teeth, but so is acid, so fizzy water 'worse' than tap water. Some of the double concentrated squash products have no added sugar and very low sugar levels. Would be much nicer than drinking water.
What does "neck it" mean- ... I'm looking into the time marking bottles rn.. do you use them? if so, what are your experiences??

Neck it means downing it. So just drink up quickly basically. And I personally love water so I haven’t but my friend uses one and she said it helps her drink more so could be worth a go.
i used to be exactly the same as you, my advice would be to invest in a cute water bottle ! it’s so simple but for some reason i feel way more inclined to drink water when it’s out of my cute water bottle ! 😂 also knowing i paid extra for the bottle makes me constantly aware of it throughout the day in case i lose it, which then in turn makes me remember i need to drink water. also a simple tip is just to carry ur water around with you e.g through school or uni or whatever rather than leaving it in your bag, as again just having it in your hands is an easy way to remind yourself :smile:
The biggest thing for me is making sure I have water next to me, within view the whole time. That way I notice it regularly and remember to drink, or find myself doing so automatically. I also use an app to track my fluid intake (there's loads out there!), as I need around a litre more than most people for medical reasons and can get dehydrated easily.
Lukewarm water is ideal at all times. Actually, warm or hot water can penetrate your tissues more deeply.
While sipping water, take a seat. Drinking when standing up throws off the body's fluid balance.
Drink gradually.
Have a glass of boiling water to start your day.
Eat without drinking any water.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by devinjonas318
Lukewarm water is ideal at all times. Actually, warm or hot water can penetrate your tissues more deeply.
While sipping water, take a seat. Drinking when standing up throws off the body's fluid balance.

This sounds like something from The Daily Express Health section.
For me drinking regularly through the day is a habit rather than I drink because I feel thirsty. You could try putting an hourly alarm on your phone to remind you to drink until it develops into a habit.
Hi guys, the title is kinda lame but throughout this holiday I wanna start healthy eating habits, like to eat more fruit and drink more water. The thing is, my hydration is pretty much non existent, I usually only drink water during meals but that's it. I eat fruits which make me feel good but honestly I just don't feel hydrated enough. I want to better my health from what I eat, does anyone have advice for this?

Buy flavoured bottles for water, you can get a range of flavours for your needs. Bring a glass of water wherever you go, for example, the living room, bedroom, when studying— just remember to clear away when finished.
Original post by Reality Check
This sounds like something from The Daily Express Health section.

I think I'd rather die of dehydration than drink lukewarm water...eugh!
Coconut water FTW

Healthy and hydrating

Quick Reply

Latest