The Student Room Group

Narrowing Down Ideas

How do I narrow down to one EPQ idea? I started off by making a table of interests and ideas which resulted in 9 ideas, which I have now narrowed down to 6. Now I'm stuck and can't seem to narrow it down further. What criteria did you guys use for eliminating/selecting ideas?
hi there, I did my epq last year and you wanna pick a topic you're really passionate about, you won't wanna spend hours researching something you're not interested in. you also want to pick something that actually has some sources for, references are incredibly important to the epq, so don't pick something where you can't find information related to the question. also pick something that is both broad and specific, which sounds really strange, Broad in the sense that you can find lots of papers/research about it and you won't be limited by lack of knowledge, but Specific enough that you actually answer the question. I hope that helps!!
Here are a few tips that might help you:

Consider the scope of the project: Can you realistically complete the research and write up a full EPQ on the topic within the time frame you have? If not, it might be worth eliminating it from your list.

Think about resources: Do you have access to the resources you need to research the topic? This might include books, articles, interviews, etc. If you don't have access to these resources, it might be harder to complete the project.

Look at your own interests: Which of the ideas excite you the most? It's easier to stay motivated and put in the work for a project you're passionate about.

Ask for feedback: If you're still struggling to decide, consider asking for feedback from your tutor or classmates. They might be able to offer insights or help you see things from a different perspective.

I hope these tips help! Good luck with your EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending