The Student Room Group

Unit 2 coursework btech applied science

Have to do report on titration and colorimetry
Don’t know where to start and how long is it supposed to be for unit 2 coursework btech applied science
Can anyone help
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mohammed tahir
Have to do report on titration and colorimetry
Don’t know where to start and how long is it supposed to be for unit 2 coursework btech applied science
Can anyone help

Hi there!

I remember doing a similar assignment when I did my BTEC in Applied Medical Science. A typical report will need to include : introduction (usually around 200-500 words) which outlines the background of the investigation (I.e. what is titration/colorimetry, uses and benefits and disadvantages, then end with what the aims of the investigation are), materials and methods (a brief description of what you did, highlighting the equipment you used, always do in past tense, e.g. using a measuring cylinder, 500ml of water was added to XXXXX/after measuring using a weighing scale and boat, 5g of xxxxx was added using a spatula, to XXXX). Try not to just list the equipment and method in bullet points. Next comes the results (include graphs or tables, with a comment underneath to describe what it is showing, e.g. a line graph which shows the difference between xxxx and xxxx). Double check but any raw data may need to be put in the result section. Then write a short paragraph describing the results - do not analyse or explain them, just describe (e.g. at 4minutes the temp was 50 degrees but by 10 mins this had dropped to 10 degrees). After the results section is the discussion. Now this is where you should describe your results in new words and then analyse it - explain why you think you got those results, what it could suggest etc. then describe the limitations of each method (I.e. is there a method more accurate than titration? If so, why and how?). Talk about what you might do differently or in future investigations. Finally write a short conclusion to sum up everything you’ve already said - don’t include any new information, just restate what you’ve already said.
The length/word count kind of depends on your lecturer so definitely ask. Also don’t forget to reference!!!! In text citations and a reference list at the end are vital!!

Let me know if you need any more advice,

Chelsea
UCLan Student Ambassador
Biology Graduate
Thank you very helpful

Quick Reply