Why hasn't he got in contact :( Watch

ifiwasaboy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So let me tell you my situation...i'm 18, i've never had a bf..but i met this guy at a club about 2 weeks ago..we'd been texting and i met up with him on friday...altho i was very reluctant to due to being very shy.. but i decided to go for it as i knew that i had to start somewhere.
it went a lot better than i thought, though there were some awkward silences but other than that i was happy with the way it went.
he seemed happy too and when i was about to go we hugged and he said he'd call me but thing is i havent heard a thing...i've not even received a text to check that i got home safely...
so i guess its maybe too good too be true?
im just getting paranoid at the moment as to what i did so wrong as we seemed to really get on...
i know you guys are probably going to say i should get in contact with him but i don't feel as if I should when he was the one who said he'd call me....(maybe i'm being petty?) but i feel as if I'm the one who makes the moves, u get me?
I just feel that if he doesnt get in contact with me then I am going to have even less confidence when it comes to boys...
ahhh i dunno this is silly.... but I just needed to get my feelings out theere!
What do you guys think then? or is it still early dayss (It's been three days though )
Thank you x
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Men i think can be very bad at getting back to people i know i am, i seem to ignore texts and calls without meaning to, and just forgetting to return the call text. I just cant help it . I think you may be looking into it abit to much, maybe drop him a text asking how he is, i wouldnt jump to the conclusion that he isnt interested. If it does turn out he isnt interested then get back out there and dont let him knock your confidence these things happen and you grow as a person from them
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is a school of thought that a man should wait a week and a day until texting someone he likes, so its possible that the idiots going to leave you hanging for another few days.

Saying that he will 'call you' doesnt mean much tbh

I say just text him and see what happens. Although the next time you meet you should make him know whos boss :p:

Good luck and try not to worry about it :hugs:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You met two weeks ago and he hasn't got in contact.....it's pretty safe to say that he's 'just not that into you'.
... ...~~>>> competetiva
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ifiwasaboy)
So let me tell you my situation...i'm 18, i've never had a bf..but i met this guy at a club about 2 weeks ago..we'd been texting and i met up with him on friday...altho i was very reluctant to due to being very shy.. but i decided to go for it as i knew that i had to start somewhere.
it went a lot better than i thought, though there were some awkward silences but other than that i was happy with the way it went.
he seemed happy too and when i was about to go we hugged and he said he'd call me but thing is i havent heard a thing...i've not even received a text to check that i got home safely...
im just getting paranoid at the moment as to what i did so wrong as we seemed to really get on...
i know you guys are probably going to say i should get in contact with him but i don't feel as if I should when he was the one who said he'd call me....(maybe i'm being petty?) but i feel as if I'm the one who makes the moves, u get me?
I just feel that if he doesnt get in contact with me then I am going to have even less confidence when it comes to boys...
What do you guys think then? or is it still early dayss (It's been three days though )
Thank you x

i would say do not get in contact with him but go out again, chat up some better guy and go out with him :woo:
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
You met two weeks ago and he hasn't got in contact.....it's pretty safe to say that he's 'just not that into you'.
They met again on friday, Well done for not reading the post properly
ifiwasaboy
Lol thanks guys...so i should text him then?
but i just think if you were really keen on a girl you wouldnt leave it this long lol...
ifiwasaboy
(Original post by BlackHawk)
No i met up with him on friday and he hasnt got in contact with me since then...
raption
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ifiwasaboy)
Thank you x
For god's sake stop acting like an emotionless helpless plank of wood and realise that in any relationship both parties, not jut the guy has to make an effort for a relationship to work. We don't live in Victorian times where men go round choosing which women to marry like they're out window shopping. You have to take responsibility for your own desires and act upon them rather than acting like a child and crossing your arms angry that no one can predict what you're thinking.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise