Split from a long term relationship Watch

georgeElsworth
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey, im 18 and started uni in september, i was going out with a girl for 4 years before, she wanted to go to the same university, so we agreed to both go the same way. We were very loved up before we came, we were in paris together the weekend before, french kissing at the top of the eiffel tower, over the summer we also had an amazing holiday in dominican republic. A week into uni she ends it with me and says we have grown apart i dont understand at all because a week before uni she said she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. Now 2 months down the line i am still shocked and cant believe what has happened, ive never gone 2 months without a hug and kiss. How do i get over her and let what has happened sink in so that i can move on!?!?
pinkies
Report 10 years ago
this is going to take a longg timeee but it will get easier just keep urself busy and occupied with ur lifee
Gary10k
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are 18. It sounds very much like you were in love. but she ended it, don't drag yourself down man. I know it sucks, but don't sit and moap about it. It's a done deal, she didn't want the relationship anymore. It's hard to understand but it IT HAPPENS

Honestly man, you're too young. Get yourself out there, you've spent 4 years with a girl - you got a whole lot to explore and do and university is the best place to do it. So don't drag yourself down, pick yourself up go out with your mates and enjoy your single life.

Its easier said than done, but down the line you will see im totally right.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
I'm sorry OP it sounds like you think she fell out of love between Paris and uni.. I dont know if this helps but I really wanted to save my relationship after a bad summer with my bf, we were on holiday together and a lot of it was really good, but I kind of knew my heart wasnt in it and I finally got the confidence to break up with him. Maybe she felt the same and thought uni would be a good time to end it because you'd both be kept busy with new friends etc. You wouldnt want to be with someone who didnt really love you, and now you can find someone who does again. It can happen, I promise
Kaddybong
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea anonymous is pretty much right. Sometimes people grow apart, and especially being so young, maybe she felt trapped and uni would be the best time to end it. But hey..have time to yourself so you can build up your own character, cause since you dated from when you were young, your probably very alike, so its good for time to yourself. Hope you feel a lil better.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Yea the user in front is mostly right. Maybe you guys grew apart and her heart just wasnt in it, so she couldn't find it in herself to break up with you before but uni would be an easier time. Its good that you'll have some time apart from each other so you can grow in yourself and develop your own character, because when you've been in a relationship from such a young age, you begin to grow like each other, but now you've broken up it like.....argg...am losing a part of me. So its good you're breaking so you can develop and also make more friends and stuff.Hope you feel better...
JaKoelsch
Report 10 years ago
I agree with the above. Also, as bad as it may sound . . . a lot of people break up at the start of Uni, because there is a lot of options, and I say this because, you can take advantage of this too. There are a lot of people to make friends with, or even date. If you are only 18, that means that y'all started to date at 14, which is pretty darned young. Take this as your chance to have new experiences, and be glad for the time that you had with her. I am sure it was good, and something good to look back on. OR, since you were in a relationship for 4 years, take some time to be single. Uni is the best place to be at this time of your life to be single. Guaranteed.

I know that it sucks, and it hurts, but take it with a grain of salt, and look forward, not backwards! It's too big of an ocean out there to settle on the one you started to date at 14!
georgeElsworth
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
anon user 1, are you my ex? your story sounds like what probably went on in her head, and im not joking when i ask if its my ex lol, thanks for all the comments everyone, things are kinda going ok!
ChaosAngel
Report 10 years ago
Same happened to me recently man, albeit it was only 2.5 years. Although i broke it up because she had changed so much but still loved her so much.

Maybe we should meet up and discuss over a beer how much life sucks without women, then realise that we need to suck it up and try our best. and everyone is right uni is the best time for ya
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads