The Student Room Group

Home Alone 1 or 2?

2. It's one of my favorite films. Macaulay Culkin was adorable, I loved the Hotel Staff and I find more exciting than 1. (See below for interesting info)

Home alone was big, classical and iconic hit. Home Alone 1 was a multi record breaker. Whilst 2 didn't quite break any records or make as much, many say it's quality surpassed the first, due to Macaulay Culkin's increased quality of acting. What do you think? See below for extra and interesting info.

Home Alone 1 grossed a worldwide total of $476.7 million, against a production budget of $18 million. Becoming the highest-grossing live-action comedy until the release of The Hangover Part II (2011), and made Culkin a child star. Moreover, it was the second-highest-grossing film of 1990, behind Ghost.
This movie was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the "Highest Box-Office Gross - Comedy", grossing $477 million worldwide

Home Alone grossed over $359 million worldwide, becoming the third-highest-grossing film of 1992.

Home Alone 2 opened with $31.1 million from 2,222 theaters, averaging $14,008 per site. It broke the short-lived record set one week earlier by Bram Stoker's Dracula for having the largest November opening weekend. The film went on to hold this record until 1994 when it was taken by Interview with the Vampire.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Both of them are my favourite movies from my childhood.
Moved to film
The first Home Alone. Kevin leaving alone at home is the way better than being alone in New York. The plot works better and is funnier.
Tbh I liked the 2nd one better I think

Quick Reply

Latest