The Student Room Group

Anyone yet to hear back from Manchester?

I applied to Manchester Uni for Chemical Engineering with Industrial Experience (H803) and haven't heard anything from there except for an "Application Received" e-mail.
I have 4A* in FMaths, Maths, Phys and Chem and have also done my interviews for Cambridge and Imperial so I do not think it's an academic issue, and I am wondering whether I should e-mail them about it or not, as a friend I have has already done his interview and gotten an offer for Chemical Engineering but without the Industrial Experience so I don't think it's a departmental issue either.
Reply 1
Original post by alqavi
I applied to Manchester Uni for Chemical Engineering with Industrial Experience (H803) and haven't heard anything from there except for an "Application Received" e-mail.
I have 4A* in FMaths, Maths, Phys and Chem and have also done my interviews for Cambridge and Imperial so I do not think it's an academic issue, and I am wondering whether I should e-mail them about it or not, as a friend I have has already done his interview and gotten an offer for Chemical Engineering but without the Industrial Experience so I don't think it's a departmental issue either./

Yes - I got a "virtual interview " invite a few days ago for Feb 2023. I submitted my application Mid-Nov. How did the Imperial interview go ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
I haven't heard anything back from Manchester either. In fact, I've only heard back from Cambridge so far, for which I completed two interviews. I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh, and Manchester back in October 2022. I saw on another thread that some Imperial ChemEng applicants have also already received their interview invitations, but I have yet to hear anything. I got 4 A*s predicted for the same subjects, and since I take WJEC, I have my AS grades too, which are all full UMS. I'm not sure if my personal statement is high quality, but I don't think I'd get rejected on the grades front. I'm getting rather frantic. I'm thinking maybe I missed something, but I already checked all my emails and the spam folder multiple times, and my UCAS Hub still hasn't had any updates yet.
Reply 3
I have an Imperial interview for Chem Eng this month and one for Manchester in Feb

(Original post by Ho Ying)I haven't heard anything back from Manchester either. In fact, I've only heard back from Cambridge so far, for which I completed two interviews. I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh, and Manchester back in October 2022. I saw on another thread that some Imperial ChemEng applicants have also already received their interview invitations, but I have yet to hear anything. I got 4 A*s predicted for the same subjects, and since I take WJEC, I have my AS grades too, which are all full UMS. I'm not sure if my personal statement is high quality, but I don't think I'd get rejected on the grades front. I'm getting rather frantic. I'm thinking maybe I missed something, but I already checked all my emails and the spam folder multiple times, and my UCAS Hub still hasn't had any updates yet.
Reply 4
Original post by Ho Ying
I haven't heard anything back from Manchester either. In fact, I've only heard back from Cambridge so far, for which I completed two interviews. I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh, and Manchester back in October 2022. I saw on another thread that some Imperial ChemEng applicants have also already received their interview invitations, but I have yet to hear anything. I got 4 A*s predicted for the same subjects, and since I take WJEC, I have my AS grades too, which are all full UMS. I'm not sure if my personal statement is high quality, but I don't think I'd get rejected on the grades front. I'm getting rather frantic. I'm thinking maybe I missed something, but I already checked all my emails and the spam folder multiple times, and my UCAS Hub still hasn't had any updates yet.

Have you still not heard from them yet? Dont worry Im sure theyll get back to you I think its just that this year this course is more competitve
Reply 5
Original post by alqavi
I have 4A* in FMaths, Maths, Phys and Chem and have also done my interviews for Cambridge and Imperial so I do not think it's an academic issue, and I am wondering whether I should e-mail them about it or not, as a friend I have has already done his interview and gotten an offer for Chemical Engineering but without the Industrial Experience so I don't think it's a departmental issue either.

Hey

I applied for aerospace engineering in mid October with 3 A*s and heard back within 3 weeks. My friend who applied for chem eng applied same time as me, Manchester gave them an interview within 2-3 weeks and they got an offer soon after. When did you apply?
I think with Manchester, when I went to the open day they said they give their offers sort of in a first come first serve way. In the fine print of the website it says that basically once all the offers they can give out are gone, they're gone. So they don't wait for everyone's applications or rank anyone, they give a response the earlier you have applied. Hope that information is helpful! Don't stress I am sure because you want industrial experience through entry, they are just giving it more consideration especially if you have mentioned any work experience in your statement. As I said before how they give out offers and interviews as they receive applicants, they might be seeing how many spaces are left to give out if you applied later :smile: BEST OF LUCK I am positive you will get an offer, hang in there
Reply 6
Original post by alqavi

I had an interview for Chemical Engineering yesterday and got an offer today. They said in the interview that I could switch to Industrial after the second year if I wanted to.

Quick Reply