Rude Text - Message barred! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Please keep anon or delete.

I've just tried to send a text, quite a 'rude' one and my phone said it has failed and the message was barred!

I'm quite worried, I've certainly sent ruder texts in the past and never received this message. Has this happened to anybody before?? I'm concerned.
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I somehow don't think network providers moderate your texts. The MI5 people probably use a filter to detect terrorism words, but apart from that, I don't think the content would be checked as this would constitute an invasion of one's privacy.
Eragon452
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What on Earth? I'm curious.
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sure you didn't just lose signal?
Anonymous #1
Didn't lose signal as I could send a text to the same person just before and straight after.

I'm sure I've sent a similar message before and it went through fine. I've certainly used these words before! Hmmmm. I'm on Orange if it's any help, just wondering if people have experienced this.
aMAXin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lmao, you can't be serious.
it definitely was the signal.
what did you say that you think was so bad anyway?
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Right I'm on Orange and I've sent some of the most elaborate filth you could imagine and it's all gone through fine. They have no business interfering unless it's a matter of national security or something along those lines (e.g. you confessed to a murder etc) but even then it would be HIGHLY unlikely that they actually 'block' your message, as they would probably just give your number to MI5 to check out.
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Possible reasons:
no signal
they blocked your number
some payment problem

They wont be censoring what you send.
M_J
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's just really.. strange, lol.

Have you tried resending? It must just be a one time weird error thingy..
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the replies. I have full signal and I'm on contract and am able to send texts fine right now so I'll put it down to some kind of error with my phone! Trust it to be with that text lol, thanks.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M_J)
That's just really.. strange, lol.

Have you tried resending? It must just be a one time weird error thingy..
Yeah it won't send no matter what. I'm able to send other texts but this text refuses to send!
aMAXin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you're anon, might as well say what it was.
M_J
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah it won't send no matter what. I'm able to send other texts but this text refuses to send!
Oooh >.<
Re-write it and try again? haha. :]
OR
Maybe its fate that you were never meant to say what it was you were trying to say.. :p:
NickCPC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try sending it to yourself. If it fails, reboot your phone (with a 10 minute wait in between). This should reset the connection between your mobile and Orange's transmitters, resend the text to yourself again. If it fails then, you are clearly writing some ******* **** arse ******* ******* filth; proceed to clean your mouth out with soap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads