The Student Room Group

Gaining weight as a student help

So basically I'm 20 years old weighing about 52kg and I'm about 5'6. i really struggle to gain weight on a tight budget.

I have started to have an interest in calisthenics which i have just recently started, as i can't afford to go to the gym. However, i know working out wont make me bigger because i can't gain weight. My metabolism is really high according to other people.

Im on a really tight budget for food due to me being a student. How can i gain weight quickly?
Original post by Tz4ey
So basically I'm 20 years old weighing about 52kg and I'm about 5'6. i really struggle to gain weight on a tight budget.

I have started to have an interest in calisthenics which i have just recently started, as i can't afford to go to the gym. However, i know working out wont make me bigger because i can't gain weight. My metabolism is really high according to other people.

Im on a really tight budget for food due to me being a student. How can i gain weight quickly?

Hey im 20 and about 64kg, idk my exact height but im round about 5"8 to 5"9.ive been doing calisthenics for a bit and its really fun to.honestly i dont like lifting weights but lifting my own body and learning things like the l sit make me want to work out.make sure u start of slow and dont go too crazy,maybe only 1 day in the week train to faliure and the rest of the days just do a number of whatever.also do a plank everyday there pretty.i got 2 mins doing a plank which im hoping to get to 3 mins.regarding food, whats ur budget exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by Coldhands0
Hey im 20 and about 64kg, idk my exact height but im round about 5"8 to 5"9.ive been doing calisthenics for a bit and its really fun to.honestly i dont like lifting weights but lifting my own body and learning things like the l sit make me want to work out.make sure u start of slow and dont go too crazy,maybe only 1 day in the week train to faliure and the rest of the days just do a number of whatever.also do a plank everyday there pretty.i got 2 mins doing a plank which im hoping to get to 3 mins.regarding food, whats ur budget exactly?

Nice. I have started off slowly but i train every day with sundays off due to me having a lot of freedom at the moment. My budget is around £200 a month maybe less.
Original post by Tz4ey
Nice. I have started off slowly but i train every day with sundays off due to me having a lot of freedom at the moment. My budget is around £200 a month maybe less.

Yh thats good, id say look om youtube for cheap good meals to make.
Original post by Tz4ey

I guess its not the cheapest possible method but I made protein shakes with peanut butter which was a lot of easy liquid calories.
It's very easy to gain weight. You eat healthy and less to no oil everyday you definitely won't gain any weight. You eat less healthy, means more oil consumed, you will gain weight.

Quick Reply

Latest