The Student Room Group

Positive Pregnancy Test!

My period was due last Saturday but never came. I took the first test on Tuesday and second on Wednesday, both came back positive!!

I don’t have any major symptoms, Apart from slight back ache and cramping. But I have horrible anxiety thinking what If I’m not pregnant.

Just wanted to ask anyone been in my situation and can help me with advice or reassure me?

Btw, I was 5 weeks yesterday. & I took Clearblue Digital Tests - so they should be reliable. My period has been consistent for the past 10 years so me missing my period is a massive sign.

My anxiety is horrible and I honestly be worrying all day long. It’s really affecting me :frown:

Thank you in advance xx
Not everyone will get major symptoms, I’m assuming by your reaction you want to be pregnant… so congratulations!
A friend of mine had absolutely no symptoms for 15 weeks- that’s when she found out because she realised she was gaining weight. She then got loads of symptoms from 20weeks.

Unfortunately the first 12 weeks are the riskiest in terms of holding onto the pregnancy and there’s not a lot you can do to ensure your body doesn’t reject it.

Maybe do a test once a week for the next few weeks, although it will be likely very obvious if you do sadly miscarry.

Also get in contact with your gp asap so you can be put in contact with a midwife and maybe book an ultrasound.

I believe there is a midwife on here so if I can remember their username I’ll tag them! X
Found her! @Tracey_W maybe you can offer some professional advice?
Original post by Anonymous
My period was due last Saturday but never came. I took the first test on Tuesday and second on Wednesday, both came back positive!!

I don’t have any major symptoms, Apart from slight back ache and cramping. But I have horrible anxiety thinking what If I’m not pregnant.

Just wanted to ask anyone been in my situation and can help me with advice or reassure me?

Btw, I was 5 weeks yesterday. & I took Clearblue Digital Tests - so they should be reliable. My period has been consistent for the past 10 years so me missing my period is a massive sign.

My anxiety is horrible and I honestly be worrying all day long. It’s really affecting me :frown:

Thank you in advance xx

Hi
I have given few examples of pregnancy being falsed below although you have done two pregnancy Tests and both came back positive which indicates you are pregnant 🤰🤰..... Although you can still get a positive pregnancy test result you might not be pregnant but I would suggest you make a appointment with your GP asap and let them run the test again either through a urine sample or blood test.
ALEreapp made a good point to you in there possibly to you in WI which I mentioned to see 😃 your GP asap okay .
Unfortunately I can't say anything for sure whether you are pregnant or had a miscarriage as this is the job of your GP tell you any outcome of results .
Update things once you have been and seen your GP.

How many days delay in periods confirms pregnancy..
If you don't want to wait until you've missed your period, you should wait at least one to two weeks after you had sex. If you are pregnant, your body needs time to develop detectable levels of HCG. This typically takes seven to 12 days after successful implantation of an egg.

Can I get 2 positive pregnancy tests and not be pregnant.
Could a positive result be wrong? Although rare, it's possible to get a positive result from a home pregnancy test when you're not actually pregnant. This is known as a false-positive

It's possible to have a positive pregnancy test even if you aren't technically pregnant. This is called a false positive. It's sometimes caused by a chemical pregnancy. A chemical pregnancy occurs if a fertilized egg, known as the embryo, is unable to implant, or grow, very early on.

What if I miss my period and have a positive pregnancy test......
Pregnancy tests are very accurate. Most home pregnancy tests work 99 out of 100 times if used after a missed period. You probably had a very early pregnancy loss (miscarriage). A very early miscarriage can feel very similar to a regular period.

Why did I get a positive pregnancy test at 3 weeks
Positive home pregnancy test
(For example, when you're 3 weeks 5 days pregnant or even 3 weeks 4 days pregnant.) Here's the thing: The amount of pregnancy hormone hCG in your body might not be enough for the test to detect right away—but it doubles every 48 hours.
Original post by ALEreapp
Not everyone will get major symptoms, I’m assuming by your reaction you want to be pregnant… so congratulations!
A friend of mine had absolutely no symptoms for 15 weeks- that’s when she found out because she realised she was gaining weight. She then got loads of symptoms from 20weeks.

Unfortunately the first 12 weeks are the riskiest in terms of holding onto the pregnancy and there’s not a lot you can do to ensure your body doesn’t reject it.

Maybe do a test once a week for the next few weeks, although it will be likely very obvious if you do sadly miscarry.

Also get in contact with your gp asap so you can be put in contact with a midwife and maybe book an ultrasound.

I believe there is a midwife on here so if I can remember their username I’ll tag them!

I can only give advice the best I can but I would suggest a that the OP go and seeing there possibly GP and they will not give them better answered
Thanks for the tag

Quick Reply

Latest