Original post by Adityapande
These Ronaldo fangirls are so dumb ffs. The delusions.
1. You absolute clown, messi literally played for an average argentina side in all 3 world cups . And took them to finals in 2 of them.
And Ronaldo fans love to use the stupid logic that because portugal had no history, and Ronaldo won them 1st title, that he is better.
By that logic, Ronaldo played in madrid where he won his majority of ucl. While madrid already has a history of winning ucls season in season out.
While messi won 4 ucl with a barca team that has 5 in it's history. Does that make messi's ucl legacy greater than Ronaldo? What is this clowny logic?
And rigged world cup? How f...king shameless are you? Argentina recieved 5 penalties, out of which 4 were scored. Out of these, only 2 penalties would actually change the result of the final game.
Btw, which team was punished the most? Argnetina conceived 2 penalties in this competition, which is the highest. They also received most bookings, highest. Also, how do you rig 2 penalty shootouts?
Except the poland penalty, not a single one was unfair. They were soft, not unfair.
Netherlands continuously recieved free kicks at edge of box but that is fair cause it ain't argentina.
Ronaldo fangirls always do this clownhousery, until their turn comes up. What about the 2 offside goals of Ronaldo in UCL? What about unfair vidal red card? What about unfair penalty to madrid vs juventus? What about casemiro killing every bayern player on pitch and not even getting 1 red card?
2. Portugal has reached the semifinal of world cup twice. In both of those tournaments Ronaldo wasn't the team's main man.
Eusebio led his team to a WC semifinal scoring 8 goals, something Ronaldo can only dream of.
Yes portugal had no trophies before this era, but there is a reason why this era was considered the golden one for portugal.
Pepe, Nani, quaresma were very good players who played for portugal.
You bring up EURO 16, as if Ronaldo had a massive contribution? 3 goals and 2 assists, all coming against Hungary and Wales, none of them ranked in top 20 by FIFA. Ghosted in the big games vs france, croatia, poland.
Wasn't even rated as top 15 players in that tournament.
He literally has 0 goals in the finals of international tournament and has 0 international player of tournament While messi has 4 international player of tournament. 2 in world cups and 2 in Copa america.
Bums? Pretty much sums how much of a but and a clown you are.
And 6 penalties? Tf you smoking on lil bro?
And wasn't Ronaldo given 3 penalties in euro 2021? The main reason he won top goalscorer in that tournament was penalties, his first and last such award in a major international tournament .
And lemme remind you, portugal qualified in ro16 in euro 2016 based on a "formality" by uefa. They were 3rd in their group. So much for being unbiased.
3. Messi closer to neymar? Lmao the mental damage messi gave a certain fanbase after winning the WC is crazy.
System player has most goal contribution this season in club+ country. He has 35 g/a in 33 games in europe. More than your great mbappe, the young GOAT, and both play in the same league.
He has most assists this season tied with kdb, he has most big chances created, most dribbles this season. But yeah, system player.
And didn't system player win the WC while also winning 5 MOTM, and WC best player? And no, not because of penalties, but due to his world class performance beside them. Ever seen a game of football? Messi got 2 otherworldly assists vs 2 of the best youngsters in the world in quarters and semis.
Where was Ronaldo vs morocco? Missing 1v1 against bounou? Where was he against uruguay in 2018? Where was he against lyon, porto, Ajax? Scoring tap ins and ghosting 90 minutes?
Ronaldo WC career is getting bullied by other teams in the KOs. 0 WC KO goal contribution. Lol.
Messi left leg has more legacy than Ronaldo and his crybaby fanbase that shed tears and call any trophy messi wins as rigged.
The factors that define a footballer are:
1. Goalscoring : Tie(Statistically Messi is a better goalscorer. Better goal ratio, finishing efficiency, accuracy, free kicks , lesser big chnaces missed, more outside the box goals, more solo goals, better hattrick ratio and higher g-xg, which is the most important stat. Still, Ronaldo is more versatile as a goalscorer, and more complete due to his aerial prowess and shot power. So a tie is genuine)
2. Passing: Messi
3. Playmaking: Messi
4. Dribbling: Messi
5. Defending: (Messi has more presses/90, tackles/90, and in general contributes more defensively. Ronaldo does have more aerial duels, clearances, but messi still wins here)
6. Physical attributes: Ronaldo, no question(strength, jumping, speed etc etc)
7. Trophies: Except UCL, Messi leads Ronaldo everywhere in trophies. So Messi wins here
8. Leadership: Messi, he is literally a WC winning captain. No arguments here
9. Impact on team: Messi, he has more MOTM and his team tends to perform worse without him(barca won 0 matches in 8 fixtures when messi left. Madrid won UCL 4 years after ronaldo and united is killing it rn )
10. Big game player: Messi(Ronaldo has 0 g/a in the most important tournament knockout, while messi has 5 goals in this WC alone lol. Plus messi has more goals in finals and against top 2,3,4,5,6 teams in europe)
11. Adaptability: Ronaldo
So in general, messi wins.
Ronaldo is a legend, but he doesn't come near messi.
Now, please reply sensibly and don't use popularity and richness as a means of determining who is better ffs...
Ronaldo has been a striker since leaving 2015. He had to change his playstyle from winger to striker due to some knee issue. Proof can be seen through heatmaps.
Still messi has more goals fron 2015-23 even though messi has been a playmaker for past 5 years.
Ronaldo has played with legendary midfielders, defenders and gks throughout his career. Let's name a few:
Man Utd: Tevez, Rooney, scholes, park ji sung, Rio, vidic
Real madrid: Kaka, ozil, di maria, kroos, modric, casemiro, ramos, Marcelo, bale, benzema, courtois
Portugal: bruno, Nani, quaresma, pepe, Patricio, Carvalho
He also has most number of big chances missed in history. Ronaldo also played with ozil, who exceeded even messi in assist numbers in his prime. Also with di maria, who is assist king.
Messi has won an international treble outside Barcelona brother.1 WC, 1 CoPA america, 1 finallisma, 1 Olympic gold, 1 ligue 1(soon to be 2) considering he won most of this in only 2 seasons outside Barcelona, it's exceptional.
Penalties? Ronaldo 18% goals from penalties.
Messi 12% goals from penalty
Messi last 7 seasons 25 penalty goals and 27 free kick goals.
More fk than penalty since 2015.
Messi has more non penalty goals than Ronaldo as well.
I suggest you watch "Goodly Rogue Messi vs Ronaldo"
He uses indepth stats to analyze who is better and doesn't use hollow arguments like you. Have a good day.
Ronaldo is by far the most overrated player of this generation and yall clowns are the reason.