The Student Room Group

Revision Tips Needed

So I'm currently in year 10 which means I'm doing my mocks soon (ik before any of you say 'year 10 mocks dont matter' -- i am fully aware of that but i thrive off academic validation and therefore must do the best I can in every subject ever), and i have not got a clue on how to revise. When we come back after christmas break the teachers are basically pushing head first towards the mock exams and most of them already expect us to know how to revise key info, so does anyone have any tips?

subjects/exam boards i am doing:

english lit/lang - AQA
religious education - AQA
triple award science - AQA
french - AQA
maths - EDEXCEL
history - EDEXCEL

edit: im brand new to this site and i think i put this in the wrong category- how do i change this?
(edited 1 year ago)
Maths: watch gcse maths tutor videos on the topics you need to learn and then do the practice questions by maths genie
English lit: watch summary videos for each chapter of the text and make sure you write down important quotes for each chapter. Practice paragraphs on each characters development throughout the book.
Science: watch free science lessons and write down what you remember into a revision card. Also read the specification so you know what is important to remember.
Original post by abbynjpc
So I'm currently in year 10 which means I'm doing my mocks soon (ik before any of you say 'year 10 mocks dont matter' -- i am fully aware of that but i thrive off academic validation and therefore must do the best I can in every subject ever), and i have not got a clue on how to revise. When we come back after christmas break the teachers are basically pushing head first towards the mock exams and most of them already expect us to know how to revise key info, so does anyone have any tips?

subjects/exam boards i am doing:

english lit/lang - AQA
religious education - AQA
triple award science - AQA
french - AQA
maths - EDEXCEL
history - EDEXCEL

edit: im brand new to this site and i think i put this in the wrong category- how do i change this?

Heya!
There are lots of things you can do :h: Generally for all of them it's important to go through the material and do practice questions (by topic by possible so make sure you understand the material).
-For maths, it's all about practice - do practice questions by topic. Don't look at mark scheme when you can't do something, attempt to do it first and only then look at the mark scheme and mark how well you did. If you lost marks, see WHY you have lost the marks (applies to all subjects!).
-For sciences, I would recommend doing flashcards + revision notes. Study Mind offers plenty of free resources from revision notes to practice questions all done by topic.
- For essays - learn how to plan out the essays e.g. using a mind map. Personally, I found it helpful to create visual timelines for history with a summary of events.
- For languages, I would recommend reading simple books/watching movies in French. What also helped me is learning general complex sentences I could insert in my speech or essays to get extra marks.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest