Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...Is annoying and makes me scream.
    What do you do? How do you find them after?

I lost mine in the toilet this morning and I just couldn't find it (it was just one). =(

ReputationRep:
    Until you said about the toilet I thought by contacts you meant friends and people you know

ReputationRep:
    I have dailys, so I don't find them afterwards. xD

ReputationRep:
    Get dailies. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Try putting them in when leaning over a surface. Makes them much easier to spot when you drop one. But yes it is very annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, you LOOKED for it in the toilet? I would rather give it up and be short-sighted than fish it out of the bog and slap it in my eye!

But yeah, as kamie said, over a surface of some kind...I only ever drop mine in the sink. Of course, it's hard trying to fish it out after that when you can't see it!

ReputationRep:
    Sit still and look for it in my immediate surroundings. If not then get down low and crawl around hoping to feel it, as I'll probably have more luck with that than trying to see it without my glasses..! Usually get my headtorch out and shine it along the floor to create more shadow .... yes, I drop them quite often :p:

If I don't find it then I get free replacements anyway, so nip down the opticians there and then!

ReputationRep:
    Mate where do you get your contacts from? If your with specsavers and py monthly by direct debit, just ring them up say you lost it and they will replace it for free. Thing with dailies, you could lose them aswell, and thats a waste. Do it over a table or something, it will drop on the table then, I know what you mean its very annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJ21)
    Mate where do you get your contacts from? If your with specsavers and py monthly by direct debit, just ring them up say you lost it and they will replace it for free. Thing with dailies, you could lose them aswell, and thats a waste. Do it over a table or something, it will drop on the table then, I know what you mean its very annoying
    This is why they provide 30 in a pack of dailies - 6 out of every 7 days to wear, which gives you 6 spares. You shouldn't wear any contacts, daily or otherwise, every day.

ReputationRep:
    If you know *roughly* whereabouts on the floor/surface you dropped it put an old pair of tights over the end of a vacuum nozzle and start hoovering. Your contact lense will sit nicely on the tights...then you can go mad cleaning it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you lost it in the toilet, I wouldn't recommend looking for it - just leave it. Throw the other one away, and wear the pair for the other month or get some new ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    This is why they provide 30 in a pack of dailies - 6 out of every 7 days to wear, which gives you 6 spares. You shouldn't wear any contacts, daily or otherwise, every day.
    That's not true. I've always been given enough contacts to wear them every day. Your eyes get enough rest when you take them out to sleep. Besides, now I'm on conitinuous wear lenses that you keep in for thirty days straight. So obviously wearing them every day isn't bad for you, if I can wear them 24/7 for a month and literally take them out and put a new pair in with no break at all.

I don't think I've ever lost a contact, so I've always been confused as to how people manage it. Considering I fidget with my eyes when I'm bored, you'dthink I'd have lost at least one. Unless you mean dropping them when you put them in, in which case I am brilliant at doing that. My opticians used to send me 30 pairs every 28 days though, so it didnt matter if I had a couple of bad days. Maybe ask them to do that?

ReputationRep:
    I wear dailies and have never had this problem maybe its because I've been wearing them for around 3 years now (not the same pair obv :P)
    I think it just takes getting used to.
    Also they are some SUPER cool blue lenses which turn clear when you put them in your eye, cool!

Try asking your optician if you can get tinted ones. I had that problem until they switched mine (not at request, my prescription strength was increased) and they were slightly blue-hued. It's not noticeable when they're in but it's a bloody godsend when I'm stressed and trying to put them in over a white sink and I drop one by accident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    Besides, now I'm on conitinuous wear lenses that you keep in for thirty days straight. So obviously wearing them every day isn't bad for you, if I can wear them 24/7 for a month and literally take them out and put a new pair in with no break at all.
    I haven't heard of lenses like these before, what are they like to wear? I've heard of some which you where at night, but not in the day :confused: but never any that you can wear 24/7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just.A.Girl)
    I haven't heard of lenses like these before, what are they like to wear? I've heard of some which you where at night, but not in the day :confused: but never any that you can wear 24/7
    I really like them, they're a lot less hassle than dailies and monthlies. I find they sort of develop a better 'suction' on your eyeball as well, so they never move about like dailies sometimes do, and they've certainly never fallen out. They're a lot better if you don't end up sleeping very often. After eight hours in dailies, my eyes started to get tired and sore,so it was awkward going from say 8am for school to 3 am the next day if I went out on a Friday,or if I was working late during the week.

I think there's a slightly higher risk of infection with them, but overall I would say they're brilliant. I also pay £15 a month for these, instead of £22 for dailies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    I wear my everyday, I wear them to bed aswell. Contintous for 30 days

ReputationRep:
    I get a torch lay on the floor n look for something Shiny HAHA

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to find your contact if it dropped in the Bog
    mine drop on the floor sometimes,and i just get another lense.
    i use dailys BTW.

ReputationRep:
    It's a ***** innit. I lose mine all the time too...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.