The Student Room Group

Which uni to choose

Help me decide my firm choice between Manchester Uni and York Uni for biotechnology.
Which one should I choose in terms of course quality and party life (york)
Original post by JPatta
Help me decide my firm choice between Manchester Uni and York Uni for biotechnology.

Hi there!

Both are great unis, so the best thing to do is to choose where you see yourself being happiest! Going to uni can be a very stressful time, so choosing somewhere you feel comfortable and at home will help you settle in quicker and begin your degree on a high!

Have a think about:
- which accommodation you prefer, and your likelihood of getting the accommodation you want.
- the content of which course, and which course sounds more suited to your interests.
- how important the cultural/nightlife side of the city is to you.

Hope this helps!

Finola (3rd Year Biology and Marine Biology Student)
Reply 2
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi there!

Both are great unis, so the best thing to do is to choose where you see yourself being happiest! Going to uni can be a very stressful time, so choosing somewhere you feel comfortable and at home will help you settle in quicker and begin your degree on a high!

Have a think about:
- which accommodation you prefer, and your likelihood of getting the accommodation you want.
- the content of which course, and which course sounds more suited to your interests.
- how important the cultural/nightlife side of the city is to you.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!! I’m thinking of putting Manchester as my firm choice (AAA) and York as my insurance (ABB)
Original post by JPatta
Thank you!! I’m thinking of putting Manchester as my firm choice (AAA) and York as my insurance (ABB)

No worries! I'm glad you've come to a decision :smile:

Have a good winter break!

Original post by JPatta

york

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending