The Student Room Group

Searching for an M.L/ A.I technical co founder

I am a qualified dentist, (potentially embarking on MBA)> I have founded an early-stage ML dental diagnostic startup. I have self-funded and learned along the way. I am now looking for a technical co founder to take this journey forwards. I would like to ask where I can find ML/A.I engineers/students who would have potentially have a passion for A.I medical diagnosis (I am clinical so I can guide that part). I would like to connect with like minded individuals to discuss further details and find someone interested in this area/willing to dedicate to its future. all suggestions welcome.
Original post by ashshyam
I am a qualified dentist, (potentially embarking on MBA)> I have founded an early-stage ML dental diagnostic startup. I have self-funded and learned along the way. I am now looking for a technical co founder to take this journey forwards. I would like to ask where I can find ML/A.I engineers/students who would have potentially have a passion for A.I medical diagnosis (I am clinical so I can guide that part). I would like to connect with like minded individuals to discuss further details and find someone interested in this area/willing to dedicate to its future. all suggestions welcome.

If you are based in London, there is no shortage of Meetup groups where they concentrate on AI and ML (I keep getting notifications of new groups every week). It's usually pretty easy to find someone with some sort of AI and ML expertise with the tech startup community if you search around.

Other than the above, you can try networking at local innovation/engineering centres at your local university. There are usually business/startup centres if the university has a business school.
Medical/Biomedical technology/Bioinformatics are also big things. If there are master's degrees taught at the university, you should be able to find a few people who would be able to help.

The other alternative is to look at the bioinformatics department of the NHS. Since you should be affiliated with the NHS to an extent, you should be able to find people in that sort of area at your local hospital (or networking groups that would involve such personnel).

In general, there are various business hubs or support organisations funded by the government. These may provide you with leads into where you can possibly find suitable people to network with, albeit most of them would be professionals. They are usually good places as starting point for your own business venture, or at least get the basics of your business sorted out.

Quick Reply