The Student Room Group

What is best advice you can give to A level student?

Are A levels science biology, physics and chemistry hard and what advice can be given to students studying these subjects?
Original post by praj_1922
Are A levels science biology, physics and chemistry hard and what advice can be given to students studying these subjects?

The best advice is to do subjects you enjoy so you will be more likely to do well in them.
Original post by normaw
The best advice is to do subjects you enjoy so you will be more likely to do well in them.

The best advice ever.

also, I would advise if you are applying for a subject at university, be interested enough in it to read round the subject. Look for an aspect of it that really grabs you, and do some research. That will really help you to bring it alive.

revise as you go along as then you can spend more time actually revising around exams rather than spending time making lots of revision materials

Heya!
I did bio and chem. They can get tough very fast so I would recommend keeping up with the material and approaching material topic by topic. Make sure you understand each topic + do practice questions by topic before moving on to the next one. Use flashcards + active recall to maintain the information. If it helps, Study Mind offers tons of free resources for bio,chem and physics from past papers to revision notes all done by topic :h:
I would also recommend checking out YT for videos. There are tons of channels covering the material so it's best you explore which ones are best for you. To get you started, here is a channel (linked) :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest