The Student Room Group

Depression

Does depression affect one’s academic performance
Hey!

Yes, depression affects your academic performance. I can say that by personal experience. Recently, I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Due to anxiety, I couldn't take the stress and missed my assignment deadlines. One of the ways to cope up with academics is to prioritize yourself and your health above anything. That is what I do.

Hope this helped.
Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Official Representative
University of Southampton
Yes, workload can increase your depression, often results in many taking time off School or Uni or dropping out. It's hard to work coursework etc. When you feel low.. I suffered from anxiety, but never affected me much, totally different story with depression.
Original post by olivessay
Does depression affect one’s academic performance

Yes, depression can significantly impact a person's academic performance. Depression can interfere with a person's ability to concentrate, remember information, and make decisions, which can make it difficult to complete assignments and perform well on exams. Depression can also affect a person's motivation and energy levels, making it difficult to study and attend classes. As a result, people who are depressed may have difficulty keeping up with coursework and may experience a decline in grades. It is important for individuals experiencing depression to seek help and support in order to manage their symptoms and improve their academic performance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending