The Student Room Group

Kent vs Leeds for Actuarial Science

Currently my application is sent of to my school for them to add references and stuff with my current Uni's I am applying for being York (the one I want most), Manchester, UEA, Kent, Swansea. With predicted A*A* Distinction* (equivilant to A*). And Swansea as my safe.

But I started getting worried that maybe York and UEA might not send me offers. And I'm still undecided about a city university. I only put kent because it was slighty more safer (ABB to AAB typical) compared to leeds, but I seen a few negatives around kent, mostly that it is less student satistfaction and really high cost of living. And only positivites around Leeds except that Canterbury is known as a better area than leeds.

What are the pro's and con's of each university so I can help me see if I want them to send back my application before they finally submit it so I can change my choices?
Reply 1
I can tell you about the Leeds area. Its a campus university and a nice part of the city. Leeds itself is very nice. Great nightlife , with many excellent eating places. Short train/bus journey to other cities like York, Sheffield and Hull if you fancy a change in scenary.
Short drive to the Peak Disctrict if you are in to hiking/walking etc. If you are into sports - there is Headingly Cricket Ground and Leeds United football club.
If the surronding area is a factor- then I would 100% choose Leeds over Cantebury.

Quick Reply

Latest