The Student Room Group

final concentration help

If I want find the final concentration(in micro molars) of an enzyme with a mw of 70 and the total volume of the overall solution is 2000ul, a buffer is 1900 and the total amount of enzyme in it is 100ul

can someone walk me through this, would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by blue1fox
If I want find the final concentration(in micro molars) of an enzyme with a mw of 70 and the total volume of the overall solution is 2000ul, a buffer is 1900 and the total amount of enzyme in it is 100ul

can someone walk me through this, would be greatly appreciated!

To calculate the final concentration of the enzyme in micro molar, you need to know the molecular weight (MW) of the enzyme and the volume of the solution in which it is dissolved.

To find the final concentration of the enzyme in micro molar, you can use the following formula:

Concentration (μM) = (Enzyme MW (g/mol) / 1000) * (Enzyme volume (μL) / Solution volume (μL))

Plugging in the values you provided, the final concentration of the enzyme in the solution would be:

Concentration (μM) = (70 g/mol / 1000) * (100 μL / 2000 μL) = 0.035 μM

This means that there are 0.035 micro moles of enzyme in every liter of the solution.

Note that this calculation assumes that the enzyme volume and solution volume are both in micro liters (μL). If the volumes are in milliliters (mL) or some other unit, you will need to convert them to micro liters before using the formula.

Quick Reply

Latest