The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil real estate finance vs MSc real estate investment & finance Reading

I am currently considering the following two masters degree :
1. MSc real estate investment and finance at Reading Henley business school (part time)
2. MPhil real estate finance at Cambridge

These both seem to be the best programmes in the UK and possibly Europe. Each has their merits and both similar costs. Have also looked into MBA Wharton with real estate concentration but costs and been out of work place for 2 years (plus relocation costs have ruled it out.

Considering the part time option as my current employer will fund Henley business school but only downside is equity stocks we have and employment contract would be locked in , but can buy this out. Cambridge I would have to fund myself but advantage is free to network with new companies. Preference would be to move to a new employer as my current firm only has a small real estate exposure.

Background: 1st class degree in mathematics and finance from top Russel group university and 2 years work experience, 1 year in Chicago at a commodities trading firm and 2 years at a mid tier investment bank in their asset management division but limited real estate exposure _ salary close to 6 figures (does anyone have salary on exit of these programmes , am sure ranges will depend on previous experience and sector they go into).

Goal is a top real estate private equity firm and eventually set up my own firm eventually. Both programmes seem to bridge the gap from linkedin profiles and some people I have spoken to at different events. Reading Henley business school seems to offer variety of programmes aimed at either surveying side for big firms consultancies (CBRE, Jones Lang etc..) as well at investment management side. The only concern I have is with Cambridge been more about brand name . Seems Reading Henley business school has longer tradition and leading rep? This was after speaking to someone who attended the programme 4 years ago but said was too theory based : maybe has improved since then. Although, that is only one persons perspective.

Which would be best to facilitate this move?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending