Turn on thread page Beta

Which Christmas song can you really not abide? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I suspect a lot of the same names will crop up as in the 'best Christmas songs/ thread....

I hate 'Mistletoe and Wine' by Cliff Richard - so sickly sweet. And I can never make up my mind whether I like the Slade one or think its profoundly irritating. I have similar feelings for 'All I Want for Christmas is You' as well - she decorates the melody far too much in the second half, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Pick one.

All of them. I hate every single bloody Christmas song.

(Except maybe the Slade one :P)

ReputationRep:
    Do they know its Christmas by Band Aid. *Shudder*

ReputationRep:
    'Mistletoe and Wine' ?? HOW DARE YOU!

That's the best one. Look at that snow falling in the video.

I like them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    I have similar feelings for 'All I Want for Christmas is You' as well - she decorates the melody far too much in the second half, in my opinion.
    Seconded.

And I have to love the Slade one...Noddy Holder is a (distant) relative somehow...

Otherwise they're mostly pretty good, just not when you're hearing them for the thousandth time in one shopping trip.

ReputationRep:
    All I want for Christmas is you. I loathe that one.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to get through all of Xmas '07 without hearing the Noddy Holder monstrosity, alas I failed.

I really like Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses though, it's class!

ReputationRep:
    It was bloody awful when I worked at Greggs last Christmas and had all the Christmas songs forced upon me the whole time...grrrr. The only one which I can actually say that I really love is Fairytale in New York - all the others made me want to smack the next annoying customer over the head with a big loaf of bread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    Pick one.

All of them. I hate every single bloody Christmas song.
    scrooge.

(is that the right person im thinking of ?!?!)lol

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE Christmas songs...the only one that really does my nut in is bloody John Lennon and Yoko Ono, 'War Is Over.' It's bloody miserable, it shouldn't be on compilations with fabulous Crimbo tunes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I LOVE Christmas songs...the only one that really does my nut in is bloody John Lennon and Yoko Ono, 'War Is Over.' It's bloody miserable, it shouldn't be on compilations with fabulous Crimbo tunes!

i agree!

ReputationRep:
    All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey because Mariah Carey sucks. I like the version the little girl does in Love Actually though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgem1990)
    scrooge.

(is that the right person im thinking of ?!?!)lol
    Haha, I do love Christmas, I just hate the repetitive, bone, songs that go with it. They're all unimaginative, and crap.

I do like the Slade one though... Particularly 'Iiiiiit's Chrrriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaassss'

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherZoe)
    Seconded.

And I have to love the Slade one...Noddy Holder is a (distant) relative somehow...

Otherwise they're mostly pretty good, just not when you're hearing them for the thousandth time in one shopping trip.
    Try working in a shop and hearing the song for the millionth time before december. seriously its november why do we have the christmas cd!?

ReputationRep:
    Fairytale in New York was alright until everyone conclusively decided a few years back that it was the best Christmas song ever, since then it's got far more airplay than it deserves. Now it's just grating.

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday is probably the most irritating in general, although Santa Baby in adverts is so cliched and overdone that I actually find it more annoying on TV/radio than any other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    Do they know its Christmas by Band Aid. *Shudder*

Utter rubbish lol.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.