Offers Dilema Watch

madhattertom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi
I have had offers from Kent, Aston and Hertfordshire but Nottingham rejected me for the course I applied for Managment Studies but said that I could do Computer Science with Managment studies. Just wondering if anyone has any idea why I have been rejected for one course but have been offered another course.
I think I will reject this offer as I do not have a great interest in Computer Science.
bradlever
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
That's unfortunate. Management Studies is normally packed out at Nottingham with lots of people studying it. You were probably offered this as they have spaces in the Computer Science school and then you would take certain modules in the Business School.
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, Computer Science is undersubscribed, which is probably why they are offering it to people who are unsuccessful for Management. It's also the degree with the worst employment statistics, so don't take it if you don't think you can put a lot of effort into it.
alex-hs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by philjw)
Yeah, Computer Science is undersubscribed, which is probably why they are offering it to people who are unsuccessful for Management. It's also the degree with the worst employment statistics, so don't take it if you don't think you can put a lot of effort into it.
where'd you get that gem from? Completely untrue, as far as I'm aware.
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by alex-hs)
where'd you get that gem from? Completely untrue, as far as I'm aware.
It was in The Times either this or last week - sorry but I can't remember the date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.51%
No (195)
72.49%

Watched Threads