Parallel Park Watch

Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok, so I put my car in reverse and do half a turn to the left whilst going back...

Then how many turns do I put on to the right :confused: I forgot!
Surfers_Paradise*09*
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Well its one full right isnt it. Sorry im just as forgetfull with these things
SunderX
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Damnit, I thought this was a post about 2 theme parks, diametrically opposed to each other.

On reflection, that's a pretty retarded idea.
Mattgeezer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when youve turned to the left and you can see the straightening up point in your mirror i go full lock to the right and then when i'm almost directly straight behind the car then straighten up.
goodbyekitty
Report 10 years ago
i do one complete turn to the left until i am at 45 degrees to the curb then i do a complete right turn to straighten up. reverse into place and then full lock to the right and gradually take the turn off as im almost parallel.
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ughh looks like I've been taught different! I park up next to a car, reverse back and put half a turn to the left on..

I dunno if I then do a full lock right or two turns right :confused: It's my mock test in ten mins lol!
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isn't it 1-2-1. So if you've been taught half a turn, I assume it would be half back so for you, 1/2- 1- 1/2?
Surfers_Paradise*09*
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I got told Left, Right then full Right.
So, position to do the manouver, reverse until your point, 1 turn right until 45 degrees. Reverse to your second reference point and then 1 turn right, keep reversing until it looks the right distance away from the kerb. Then reverse in and 1 lock right to straighten up.
PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's a C-U Next Tuesday.

I've been driving over a year and still hate doing it because of my shiny new wheels.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads