Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damn :P Got the thread title wrong... Could any moderator please change "name" into "make", please? Thank you.

Hi TSR,

As a fellow Track addict, I found myself having a tab in Firefox dedicated to Track which I would refresh every once in a while. But then I researched and discovered this: ReloadEvery, a firefox application that "reloads web pages every so many seconds or minutes." https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

With this, one can just go to Track and let the application refresh the page during the day so, if you're on the computer (and you happen to get an offer), you'll know first hand! :woo:

Just thought we could use something like this

ReputationRep:
    But you'd still be switching to look at the tab every x minutes, wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joaof)
    Damn :P Got the thread title wrong... Could any moderator please change "name" into "make", please? Thank you.

Hi TSR,

As a fellow Track addict, I found myself having a tab in Firefox dedicated to Track which I would refresh every once in a while. But then I researched and discovered this: ReloadEvery, a firefox application that "reloads web pages every so many seconds or minutes." https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

With this, one can just go to Track and let the application refresh the page during the day so, if you're on the computer (and you happen to get an offer), you'll know first hand! :woo:

Just thought we could use something like this
    You do got an email when there's an update on Track. Isn't that enough? (I know that's not enough though, I checked Track every hour for a while. :o:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linda helena)
    You do got an email when there's an update on Track. Isn't that enough? (I know that's not enough though, I checked Track every hour for a while. :o:)
    LOL!1 It certainly wasn't enough when I was applying at unis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikimoto)
    LOL!1 It certainly wasn't enough when I was applying at unis!
    My track addiction actually went on for a while even after my unis had replied. I had to keep logging in to see that my offers were still there and hadn't mysteriously disappeared over night. :o:

ReputationRep:
    OR you could just wait until 12pm and 5pm every day and then check your email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willenium)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.download.com/AutoRefreshe...dlPid=10293579
    Use this for Internet Explorer
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i never checked until i got the email telling me that my status had been updated.. mostly cos i was always in my email account anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linda helena)
    My track addiction actually went on for a while even after my unis had replied. I had to keep logging in to see that my offers were still there and hadn't mysteriously disappeared over night. :o:
    I have to admit I actually did that as well for a while. I think I may even have taken a print screen shot so they couldn't retract it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That's what I've been doing, although Nottingham emailed me at 3.20pm the other day. Hmmm. Maybe check your emails every few hours, guys! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikimoto)
    I have to admit I actually did that as well for a while. I think I may even have taken a print screen shot so they couldn't retract it.
    Haha I never did that! Why didn't I think of that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    That's what I've been doing, although Nottingham emailed me at 3.20pm the other day. Hmmm. Maybe check your emails every few hours, guys! :cool:
    The thing is that Track might update any time of the day (or night), but you only get your e-mails from Track twice a day. So knowing that you'll get an e-mail doesn't really help.

ReputationRep:
    I wait until then to check track! Cos I got an offer and didnt get the email until the next day but I had spotted it on track the evening before

ReputationRep:
    No, don't do this because if everyone did it you'd hammer the UCAS web servers. It isn't exactly important that you know you've got an offer within minutes of it happening...

ReputationRep:
    if only i had that last year, would have known about my offer 3 minutes in advance!
    YAY
    :|

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.