The Student Room Group

Car insurance Address

I don’t use TSR much so not sure if this has been answered before but I’m looking at car insurance and I don’t know what to put as my address?

My car is registered under my parents and I spend 23 weeks at my Uni accom (and will take my car with me). The rest of the year I’ll be with the car at home with my parents. So would I put my uni accom or my parents place as my insurance address?
Original post by Cece187038
I don’t use TSR much so not sure if this has been answered before but I’m looking at car insurance and I don’t know what to put as my address?

My car is registered under my parents and I spend 23 weeks at my Uni accom (and will take my car with me). The rest of the year I’ll be with the car at home with my parents. So would I put my uni accom or my parents place as my insurance address?

You should use the address where the vehicle will be kept the majority of the time. For most students, this would be their university address (3 x 12 weeks = 36 weeks).

If you're genuinely only at university for 23 weeks per year, then the usual address would be your parents' address.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You should use the address where the vehicle will be kept the majority of the time. For most students, this would be their university address (3 x 12 weeks = 36 weeks).

If you're genuinely only at university for 23 weeks per year, then the usual address would be your parents' address.

It sounds kinda low, but I head home for every holiday and reading week (which is 11 weeks altogether).
Reply 3

You're only at uni for 23 weeks of the year...?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
You're only at uni for 23 weeks of the year...?

Yep, I’ve mentioned in a different comment that I’ve got 11 weeks off (readings weeks, Easter and Christmas)
Reply 5
Yep, I’ve mentioned in a different comment that I’ve got 11 weeks off (readings weeks, Easter and Christmas)

So what about the other 8 weeks of the year...?
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
So what about the other 8 weeks of the year...?

12 weeks in a uni term x 3 terms = 36 weeks

36 weeks - 2 weeks (reading week) - 4 weeks (winter holidays) - 5 weeks (easter holidays) = 25 weeks

There’s also a roughly 2 week flexibility at the end of the third term depending on when my final exam for the year is, since lectures officially end at week 34 at my uni, and my exams are take home ones.

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the math here?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
12 weeks in a uni term x 3 terms = 36 weeks

36 weeks - 2 weeks (reading week) - 4 weeks (winter holidays) - 5 weeks (easter holidays) = 25 weeks

There’s also a roughly 2 week flexibility at the end of the third term depending on when my final exam for the year is, since lectures officially end at week 34 at my uni, and my exams are take home ones.

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the math here?

So you don't have 11 weeks off, you have 19 weeks off.....

Quick Reply

Latest