The Student Room Group

TSR Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2022!

Welcome to TSR's very first ever Big Fat Quiz of the Year!

Brought to you by the D&CA Quiz of the Week team, we've got a mega-quiz of news covering the whole of 2022!

We'll be updating this thread every day for the rest of the year with one or two rounds to play, then we'll add up and combine your scores across all the rounds and announce our winner, who will get a Big Fat jumbo prize of 200 rep!

The release schedule is as follows:
Wednesday 28th December: UK politics and Science and nature
Thursday 29th December: World news and Music
Friday 30th December: Education news and Sport
Saturday 31st December: Film and TV and News in emojis

Each quiz round will be a Google Form to fill in, created by a brilliant team of TSR volunteers, and the quiz will be open for a week afterwards, closing at midnight on Saturday 7th January (or 23:59 on Friday 6th if that is clearer).

We'll be using our existing tag list to notify users when rounds go live, as we have for this thread, so please tag me or @CatusStarbright below if you'd like to be added to or removed from quiz alerts!

Do also check out the Quiz of the Week master thread for more information on the regular project and watch it to receive updates!

News in emojis questions

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

That awkward moment when I don’t even maximise my own round 😂
Postung and I subscrib :grin:

I'm not drink
Hype!:happy2:
(edited 1 year ago)
Subscribing :smile:
The first two rounds of the Big Fat Quiz of the Year have gone live today! :woo:

You can have a go at UK Politics here, created by the amazing @megster1!

And there's Science and Nature here, with thanks to the great @CheeseIsVeg!

Remember that your scores will be added up across all the rounds of the quiz, so it's worth playing every round to build your score!

Spoiler

5/10 for UK Politics and 6/10 for Science and Nature - not bad :tongue:

Based on those scores, and the fact I won't be playing the two rounds I will be writing, I definitely don't have a hope at winning!
10/10 on UK politics :woo:

4/10 on science which is actually probably above average for a Cheese quiz :lol:
7/10 for UK politics, less than I expected considering the questions
4/10 for the other one
Original post by Saracen's Fez
The first two rounds of the Big Fat Quiz of the Year have gone live today! :woo:

You can have a go at UK Politics here, created by the amazing @megster1!

And there's Science and Nature here, with thanks to the great @CheeseIsVeg!

Remember that your scores will be added up across all the rounds of the quiz, so it's worth playing every round to build your score!

Spoiler

By the way, I don't think I got this quote. :unsure:
4 and 1 :redface:
Original post by 04MR17
By the way, I don't think I got this quote. :unsure:

Hmmm, interesting... :confused:

I'm not aware of any ongoing quote issues in the grotto so maybe it's the formatting? I wonder if this quote fares any better? :s-smilie:
Hmmm, interesting... :confused:

I'm not aware of any ongoing quote issues in the grotto so maybe it's the formatting? I wonder if this quote fares any better? :s-smilie:
This works :yep:
Original post by 04MR17
This works :yep:

OK this is very weird then because I didn't get a quote from you for this :dontknow:
Well done on all your great scores everyone! :cool:

When I was writing the UK Politics round, I had almost forgotten how bad 2022 had been for political scandal :redface:
Original post by megster1
Well done on all your great scores everyone! :cool:

When I was writing the UK Politics round, I had almost forgotten how bad 2022 had been for political scandal :redface:

When I was writing news in emojis I really struggled to think of news stories that didn't involve war and/or death :colondollar:
Welcome to TSR's very first ever Big Fat Quiz of the Year!

Brought to you by the D&CA Quiz of the Week team, we've got a mega-quiz of news covering the whole of 2022!

We'll be updating this thread every day for the rest of the year with one or two rounds to play, then we'll add up and combine your scores across all the rounds and announce our winner, who will get a Big Fat jumbo prize of 200 rep!

The release schedule is as follows:
Wednesday 28th December: UK politics and Science and nature
Thursday 29th December: World news and Music
Friday 30th December: Education news and Sport
Saturday 31st December: Film and TV and News in emojis

Each quiz round will be a Google Form to fill in, created by a brilliant team of TSR volunteers, and the quiz will be open for a week afterwards, closing at midnight on Saturday 7th January (or 23:59 on Friday 6th if that is clearer).

We'll be using our existing tag list to notify users when rounds go live, as we have for this thread, so please tag me or @CatusStarbright below if you'd like to be added to or removed from quiz alerts!

Do also check out the Quiz of the Week master thread for more information on the regular project and watch it to receive updates!

Can you please add me to the quiz alerts cheers
When I was writing news in emojis I really struggled to think of news stories that didn't involve war and/or death :colondollar:

Aren't we a cheery bunch lol

Quick Reply

Latest