The Student Room Group

AQA A level Biology Resources

I need resources or like a good set of notes to study Biology from. Im getting cold feet thinking of the exams!
defo cgp
oxford revise book
im doing ocr so the official ocr textbook (honestly waffles so much but the chapter review q and diagrams like microscope are good )

those are textbooks and i understand they are quite expensive^^

pmt
save my exams
a level bio . co uk ?
study mind

hope it helps
ofc use spec for checking topics
Hi, I sat my A levels last year and got an A, I'll list what resources I used in addition to my own notes and flashcards.

- I'd recommend watching Miss Estruch on YouTube, her videos cover everything on the AQA spec and I found them very helpful when revising for biology. She also has a website with practice booklets and other resources which are free, as well as some other workbooks with questions and notes which you can purchase.
- Savemyexams.co.uk is great, their notes cover everything you need to know in detail and they have topic questions as well to test your knowledge, I think this is one of the best sites out there if you are looking for notes.
- Physicsandmathstutor.com is good for summary notes as well as flashcards to work on active recall, however I found that they miss a few bits here and there so I wouldn't rely solely on them if you want to achieve the highest grade possible.
- Senecalearn is pretty good for revising, I used it during year 12 to revise for end of topic tests and things like that but didn't really use it in year 13 or the run up to the actual exams since I preferred to focus on flashcards and active recall.
- Snaprevise have courses with videos and practice questions that you can complete, but you need to pay for a membership and it's a bit pricey, a few of my friends had this and they were very happy with it. They also have what they call a free "A level biology cheat sheet" which you can get for free, each topic is summarised onto an A4 sheet and it's handy if you want to quickly skim over the main points in a topic, however they definitely don't contain everything you need to know.

I hope this helps! :h:
Original post by MaryamMabruk
I need resources or like a good set of notes to study Biology from. Im getting cold feet thinking of the exams!

Heya!
Check out Study Mind for free bio resources :h: There are blogs, free revision notes and free practice questions all done by topic to help you in your preparations!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by thesun123
defo cgp
oxford revise book
im doing ocr so the official ocr textbook (honestly waffles so much but the chapter review q and diagrams like microscope are good )

those are textbooks and i understand they are quite expensive^^

pmt
save my exams
a level bio . co uk ?
study mind

hope it helps
ofc use spec for checking topics

for the sciences individually, how did you revise and what revisions resources did you make? i'm in yr 10 rn doing triple science and ngl all my teachers for all 3 are either covers or just cannot control my class, which has led to me not being able to concentrate or understand what is being taught in lesson
Original post by ilikesunflowers
for the sciences individually, how did you revise and what revisions resources did you make? i'm in yr 10 rn doing triple science and ngl all my teachers for all 3 are either covers or just cannot control my class, which has led to me not being able to concentrate or understand what is being taught in lesson

i think some part of science esp bio since i like it, were easy to understand without the teacher.
Normally i used my cgp book and the official aqa textbook and then went to watch youtube videos if i really really didn't understand
If you need some actual teaching, ask your teacher to spend some time during lunchtime to go over the topics (the one you said cannot control class - i assume they would do well just teaching individually so meet up at lunch to explain concepts)
practise papers (but esp pmt) help since when you look at the mark scheme, they sometimes can explain bits and give you a better understanding. It's also the key words that are great. There are past paper walkthroughs on youtube.

chem - make compromised notes, blurting, LOTS OF PRACTISE q's on stuff i didn't esp like eg moles (I repeated moles several times for revision so i got most of those right in my mocks)

physics - flashcards i made using pmt notes, class notes and actual textbook + PRACTISE PAPERS

bio - comprised notes again, blurting, explaining to my toys + PAST PAPERS

(im not sure if this is okay - but if you really really dont like your teachers, ask the others from the others set or ask teachers from another set?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending