The Student Room Group

How to improve in French Writing and Listening??

I am doing French iGCSE Edexcel and I am in Year 11. I can do reading, listening and speaking very well, getting top marks and Grade 9s in all of those pretty consistently (with listening tipping between 8s and 9s). My writing pieces always get lower marks with Grade 8s, so if I don’t do too well in listening then my writing really shows through and my grade gets knocked down to an 8…

I really want to get a Grade 9 in French, does anyone have any tips on how to improve on French Writing and French Listening?? (my teacher hasn’t been too helpful on this :/)
Original post by miss.ghost
I am doing French iGCSE Edexcel and I am in Year 11. I can do reading, listening and speaking very well, getting top marks and Grade 9s in all of those pretty consistently (with listening tipping between 8s and 9s). My writing pieces always get lower marks with Grade 8s, so if I don’t do too well in listening then my writing really shows through and my grade gets knocked down to an 8…

I really want to get a Grade 9 in French, does anyone have any tips on how to improve on French Writing and French Listening?? (my teacher hasn’t been too helpful on this :/)

listen to french podcasts to familiarise urself with the language also learn the key vocab which can be found on the spec and u should be good
Reply 2
Do all of the french listening past papers for all the exam boards (AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR etc) even if they are normal gcse (not igcse). My teacher recommended a youtube channel called easyfrench which is similar to the podcasts mentioned above.

Same goes for writing but remember to especially focus on learning all the different tenses and if you have one that your school gave you, learn all the uncommon phrases and vocab which is listed (flashcards is the best way to do this). If you want even more french writing practice you could write extended responses to the speaking cards (role play, picture card etc) but remember to get your teacher to mark all of these because its hard to mark on your own.
Original post by Mohib.M
listen to french podcasts to familiarise urself with the language also learn the key vocab which can be found on the spec and u should be good

thanks!! i know all of the vocab and i listen to the duolingo french podcast anyways and i find that really useful too, ill continue doing this then (:
Original post by ax4
Do all of the french listening past papers for all the exam boards (AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR etc) even if they are normal gcse (not igcse). My teacher recommended a youtube channel called easyfrench which is similar to the podcasts mentioned above.

Same goes for writing but remember to especially focus on learning all the different tenses and if you have one that your school gave you, learn all the uncommon phrases and vocab which is listed (flashcards is the best way to do this). If you want even more french writing practice you could write extended responses to the speaking cards (role play, picture card etc) but remember to get your teacher to mark all of these because its hard to mark on your own.

thank you so much!! i will definitely do more practise listening papers and have a look into easyfrench, and i will definitely do more practise writing questions and get my teacher to mark them. my school didnt give us an uncommon phrase or vocab list but ive been adding onto a quizlet and finding more phrases online and adding them to it

thanks again (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending