And i'm really mad because that day just happens to be my birthday, altho i can't officaially blame Ed Excel for this i have to blame some1!
Ed Excel lose coursework, write incorrect information on the exam papers and set unanswerable questions!!!!! How can they be allowed to stay!?
A school near us aint got edexcel results for last june, and have been sent wrong ones twice.
Really they are a crap examining board, the course is ok, its just the gettin to talk 2 them n gettin feedback n communications. Also, yer they are crap @ doin exams, presume u will just do them one after the other.
'Another dissatisfied edexcel student'
Aprat fromt hat, they are naf. AQA isnt much better, last year they forgot to send one of my physics papers thru!
All the certificates for edexcel were late to our school, and they put a load of exams on the same day for some subjects! I don't have them as an exam board anymore, but they gave me an A in maths GCSE though, which I'm suspicious of...(went from a C/D in mocks to an A with virtually no revision!) so they must be idiots.
They didn't screw up my Psychology paper (thank God) but I still have an RS one with them in a couple of weeks... I hope they don't mess my results around as well!
Hey, if Edexcel shut down after this year, what happens if you've done an AS with them and want to do the A2 as well?
They have scheduled me for 2 seperate exams in the morning and decided that on the afternoon of that day i'm sitting 2 futhur exams. I was given a choice between specialist exam times (ie. I start at 7:30 and finish at 5:30) or I could have spent the night at an evigilators house.
Since I've never met a attractive evigilator I decided on the specialist times. But now I have 2 revise for 4 exams on one day.
If by some fluke I do get passing grades, I intend to send EdExcel some serious abuse. Supposing I dont pass then I make no guarantees about the safety of the head gut incharge of EdExcel
32 Russell Square
London WC1B 5DN
0870 240 9800
I don't think Edexcel will be shut down. In fact, you've got to be joking. They've just been taken over by Pearson (owner of Penguin, Longman, Dorling Kindersley, the Financial Times [which itself owns 50% of the Economist], etc.). They call it a partnership but basically it's a takeover. The new organisation, called London Qualifications (why don't they go the whole hog and give it the brandname 'Qualifications London' to match Tate Britain? ), will be 75% owned by Pearson. The 'Edexcel Foundation' will own the other 25%.
It wouldn't surprise me if Pearson took over one or two of the other boards too. They are a very powerful and well-connected company, and their 'plan' for London Qualifications involves lots of 'technology', so I could even see the government making them the sole board (in England anyway, maybe England and Wales). They won't care if this means more multiple-guess type questions. This is assuming they can square it with Britain's two leading universities - but...money talks.
Of course, there wasn't so much inefficiency in say 1960 before computers. They don't need any more computers. But it's all about money. The new board may on paper be non-profitmaking, but it doesn't matter, because it won't be a surprise who they choose as their main supplier. Which firm calls itself the 'world's leading education company'? Click: <http://www.pearson.com>.
Note that the head of London Qualifications will be the former head of OCR.
Students of bovine rear-end output might like to read the following:
Martin Cross, Chairman of London Qualifications, said: "The creation of London Qualifications provides a real opportunity for a step-change improvement to our examination processes. We are
determined to grasp that opportunity for the benefit of students, teachers and parents."
Edexcel's Chief Executive, John Kerr, said: "The examinations system has been under intense pressure for some time. We have proved we can cope with this, but coping isn't good enough. If
we are to deliver the quality and standards of service that teachers, students and parents deserve, we need investment, skills and technology that we cannot deliver alone. With its commitment to education, its testing experience and its proven technology, Pearson is the obvious partner and this agreement enables us to modernise our processes and ensure continuity."
Clive Hay-Smith, President of Pearson assessment and testing, said: "Edexcel has recognised the need for significant investment in technology and new processes and we are delighted to make this long term commitment to UK education. The UK's world-class qualifications deserve world-class examination processes and through this partnership with Edexcel we are determined to play our part in realising that vision."