The Student Room Group

Student Finance England or Wales?

I'm in the first year of my studies in Wales. When I applied, I lived in England and so applied to SFE for funding for my first year.

I relocated to Wales permanently to study in the August prior to starting my course, and will remain in Wales upon graduation. I no longer have an address in England, am privately renting non-student accommodation year-round in Wales. I'm a mature student so it's unlikely to be relevant, but my family also live in Wales.

Do I apply to SFE or SFW for funding the remaining years of my course? And would switching from SFE to SFW be likely to cause any issues?

Thank you.
Original post by Agitha
I'm in the first year of my studies in Wales. When I applied, I lived in England and so applied to SFE for funding for my first year.

I relocated to Wales permanently to study in the August prior to starting my course, and will remain in Wales upon graduation. I no longer have an address in England, am privately renting non-student accommodation year-round in Wales. I'm a mature student so it's unlikely to be relevant, but my family also live in Wales.

Do I apply to SFE or SFW for funding the remaining years of my course? And would switching from SFE to SFW be likely to cause any issues?

Thank you.

Hi Agitha,

If you applied to SFE for your first year of study, you'll remain with SFE for the duration of the course even though you're now living in Wales. Unfortunately students are unable to change award authorities during study.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 2
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi Agitha,

If you applied to SFE for your first year of study, you'll remain with SFE for the duration of the course even though you're now living in Wales. Unfortunately students are unable to change award authorities during study.

Thanks,
Tina

Thanks Tina.

Will I remain eligible for SFE funding for the following years' funding applications, despite no longer having a home address in England? I know that I have to enter my home address when reapplying, will a Welsh address not cause any issues?

Thanks again.
Original post by Agitha
Thanks Tina.

Will I remain eligible for SFE funding for the following years' funding applications, despite no longer having a home address in England? I know that I have to enter my home address when reapplying, will a Welsh address not cause any issues?

Thanks again.

Hi there,

You will remain eligible with SFE, however you may need to apply on paper as the system will recognise your Welsh address and assume you are SFW in error. This will unfortunately prevent you from applying online for SFE.

Hope this helps,
Tina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending