Turn on thread page Beta

Physics Sl Options...what's The Easiest? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For those people who took/are taking physics at SL level and took the options...what do you think is the easiest option? Historical Physics, Astrophysics, Relativity, Optics, etc.
    Which one doesn't involve complex physics and is basically easy and straightforward. I heard that Astrophysics is mostly memorizing...does it mean that it's easy and has little math? What about historical physics? Is it only about the history of physics? I really want know what you guys think are the 2 easiest SL options. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, astro is one of the easiest, relativity one of the hardest - that's what I can tell you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-ray-cat)
    Well, astro is one of the easiest, relativity one of the hardest - that's what I can tell you
    I am really fascinated by our galaxy and interested in it. I always liked space, planets, starts, etc. I really hope we do that, and since you said it's easy, it encouraged me more to take it into consideration. Anyway thank you so much.........
    Any other opinions people????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    For those people who took/are taking physics at SL level and took the options...what do you think is the easiest option? Historical Physics, Astrophysics, Relativity, Optics, etc.
    Which one doesn't involve complex physics and is basically easy and straightforward. I heard that Astrophysics is mostly memorizing...does it mean that it's easy and has little math? What about historical physics? Is it only about the history of physics? I really want know what you guys think are the 2 easiest SL options. Thank you.
    apparently those are the options for the old syllabus.
    For the new syllabus, the easiest options to take are option A and B (an extension to topic 4 and 7), no need to learn all over again. (and most of them are parts of the HL syllabus (option A as topic 11, option B as topic 13)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-ray-cat)
    I'd say Optics is harder...!

ReputationRep:
    I am HL, and i am taking astro and relativity, since they are related.

the thing is astro is easy, and i heard reltivity is hard, but this is much subject of interest, so i am taking it no matter how hard it could possibly be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#1)
    I am HL, and i am taking astro and relativity, since they are related.

the thing is astro is easy, and i heard reltivity is hard, but this is much subject of interest, so i am taking it no matter how hard it could possibly be
    Heh, that's what I'm doing, basically, only I'm studying three options: Astro, Relativity, and Particle Physics. They're all really related, though, so it works out. And I did an astro course this summer, so the IB option is basically review.

ReputationRep:
    Yea but.. ermm my teacher is not ready to teach more options, and wants to have everyone take his choices, and so on...

So i am forced to take ONLY two I too wanted to take particle physics..

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for bumping. But I just saw May 08 Physics SL paper 3. They did not have Communications and Digital Technology. But communications was there in 2007 papers. We do have those two options for may 2009, right? Any physics SL student can clear this up?

ReputationRep:
    This is because communications and digital technology are new stuff to the syllabus (ie. there are no these 2 options in the old syllabus), although part of F5 in communications can be found in other topics in the old syllabus. Yes these 2 options are in the 2009 syllabus.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.