The Student Room Group

SQA N5 assignment

Do people think that the assignments will be back next year for N5,higher and Advance high

I don't want to cuz l know the assignment will bring down my mark if it's back next year:frown:
Original post by lmhou2007
Do people think that the assignments will be back next year for N5,higher and Advance high

I don't want to cuz l know the assignment will bring down my mark if it's back next year:frown:

Assignments for what subjects tho?
Reply 2
i dont think so - they took assignments out for my nat 5 year in all sciences. If you didn't do assignments at all for nat 5 they can't introduce them suddenly at higher.

Reply 3
Original post by Firiridirirriie
Assignments for what subjects tho?

Like bio,chem,phy,geo
For English there's a folio for 30 percent this year usually they have 2 folios but this year u only write one
There's still the computing assignment that u have to do

l don't know the others though
Reply 4
Original post by eili3m
i dont think so - they took assignments out for my nat 5 year in all sciences. If you didn't do assignments at all for nat 5 they can't introduce them suddenly at higher.

I hope so too.But wouldn't they still have to do the assignments eventually as for higher l am picking
Bio-is one but got taken out
chem-is one but got taken out
phy-is one but got taken out
math-there's no assignment
geo-is one but got taken out

I am concerned as I am only good in exams and l don't want to get my mark down just because of the assignment

But just in case l'll get prepared for the assignment
I did assignments for N5 (which are really a basic straight forward introduction to assignments) but they for dropped them for my H and AH due to covid.

I am now at uni and I am missing those skills which would have been much easier to progressively learn S4-S6 instead of having my first assignments in uni. If I was in your position and going to higher/further education I would be hoping they bring them back next session.
Reply 6
Yeah I didn’t think of that. The experience would be good but not for my actual mark 😭 I have a feeling they won’t introduce it again at all. If they do I think it would only be for Nat 5 first, so the higher class that year wouldn’t have to go straight into it.
Reply 7
Original post by eili3m
Yeah I didn’t think of that. The experience would be good but not for my actual mark 😭 I have a feeling they won’t introduce it again at all. If they do I think it would only be for Nat 5 first, so the higher class that year wouldn’t have to go straight into it.

Yeah l agree with you,l would want the experience but the thing would bring my mark down as well
Actually overall assignments bring up people’s marks. In physics the assignment is only 20 marks ( scaled to 30) so it’s not that many marks even if you lost them all which is very unlikely. Remember you also get a lot of time. Where they will be involved next year is a guess as next year exam help will be reduced even more so might go back to normal
Reply 9
Original post by Roseforever
Actually overall assignments bring up people’s marks. In physics the assignment is only 20 marks ( scaled to 30) so it’s not that many marks even if you lost them all which is very unlikely. Remember you also get a lot of time. Where they will be involved next year is a guess as next year exam help will be reduced even more so might go back to normal

Ye im fine with sciences but imagine if l lose all my marks in English tho

Spoiler

(very likely)

Spoiler

(very likely)

Portfolio for English is still in and will be in. For me I think the portfolio got my A in Nat 5 English. You get a lot of support and get 1 draft your teacher can look at I wouldn’t worry

Spoiler

(very likely)

Why do you think you will lose all your marks in English?

English assignment/folio is one where you get weeks to write and perfect and then even further refine a short essay, instead of having to produce one from an unknown question in 45 mins in exam conditions. The English folio is usually seen a way to ensure marks before even entering an exam room.
Original post by BlackLab
Why do you think you will lose all your marks in English?

English assignment/folio is one where you get weeks to write and perfect and then even further refine a short essay, instead of having to produce one from an unknown question in 45 mins in exam conditions. The English folio is usually seen a way to ensure marks before even entering an exam room.

It's cuz im failing English right now

Quick Reply

Latest