The Student Room Group

what gcse workbooks should I buy for gcse seperate science

I'm currently unsure which workbook for science I should buy. After I go through a topic, before I do exam question practice, I'd love to go through some workbook questions to go through what I know and don't know.
Which ones have you found most helpful in your learning, and which ones would you not recommend? Thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Icl workbooks don't really help, use physics and maths tutor for content,past papers for practice, cognito quizzes for active recall.

One thing I think would of really helped is doing the past paper, marking it and correcting mistakes, then redoing that same past paper on another day to ensure I've completely improved my knowledge.
Original post by rysua
I'm currently unsure which workbook for science I should buy. After I go through a topic, before I do exam question practice, I'd love to go through some workbook questions to go through what I know and don't know.
Which ones have you found most helpful in your learning, and which ones would you not recommend? Thank you!

Check withschool - they may be bulk buying and can get books cheaper
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Check withschool - they may be bulk buying and can get books cheaper

yes- i would recommend rather than using CGP workbooks, getting the textbook for your board. Your school may have them as @Muttley79 has mentioned. I would recommend reading through it and then if you wish, you can do the questions after each topic. Alternatively, you can also go to physics and maths tutor, which I use a lot, and do the topic questions which are very helpful. Closer to your mocks/ GCSE's, you can try out the past papers under timed conditions which is a great way of revising. Hope this helps!:smile:
Original post by rysua

MathsMadeEasy also has questions by topic:
Biology: https://mmerevise.co.uk/gcse-biology-revision/gcse-biology-exam-questions-by-topic/
Chemistry: https://mmerevise.co.uk/gcse-chemistry-revision/gcse-chemistry-exam-questions-by-topic/
Physics: https://mmerevise.co.uk/gcse-physics-revision/gcse-physics-exam-questions-by-topic/
Reply 5
Original post by set1xoxo
Icl workbooks don't really help, use physics and maths tutor for content,past papers for practice, cognito quizzes for active recall.

One thing I think would of really helped is doing the past paper, marking it and correcting mistakes, then redoing that same past paper on another day to ensure I've completely improved my knowledge.

thank you! I do too many past paper questions on this website, it's really helped me a lot. I didn't know cognito has quizzes so I'll check that out. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending