The Student Room Group

Sticky situation-advice?

Bit of a rant here, apologies in advance: so I’m an international student currently in my first year of psychology. I was extremely motivated to do clinical psych (I know, cliche) and am doing a bit of work experience etc.etc. I came across a very unpleasant surprise when I found out that international students aren’t funded by NHS heck, they can’t even apply to funded programs for an already competitive DclinPsy. and chances are pretty much nil to get a work visa and then apply for funded positions. I’m absolutely gutted rn and not sure how to proceed from here. Any advice would really be appreciated xx
I think the only way for international students to do DClinPsy in the UK is to apply to the programs from these universities, and they are self-funded. Hopefully you can obtain a scholarship from your home country.

International applicants: Funding
https://www.clearing-house.org.uk/applications/international-applicants/international-applicants-funding

Self-funded places

There are self-funded places available at the course centres listed below. Most of these courses require applicants to have overseas fees status.

Please see the Entry Requirements section if you need more information about fees status.
For these self-funded places you will need to provide your own funding e.g. by funding yourself, by getting a scholarship, by organising sponsorship etc. You will need to fund all of your costs for the three years of training e.g. course fees, living costs, travel expenses etc. Please check the information provided by the centres concerned to see how much their course fees are.

Course centres that have self-funded places for international applicants
University of Birmingham Overseas fees status only.
Apply directly to the university.

University of East Anglia Overseas fees status only.
Apply through the Clearing House to course 502.

University of Exeter Overseas fees status only.
Apply through the Clearing House to course 902.

University of Hertfordshire Any fees status.
Apply through the Clearing House to course 1102 or directly to the university.

Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience - King's College London Overseas fees status only.
Apply directly to the university.

University of Manchester Overseas fees status only.
Apply through the Clearing House to course 1702.

North Thames - University College London Overseas fees status only.
Apply through the Clearing House to course 1902.

Quick Reply

Latest