The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hi , my maintenance loan just got revoked because of my poor attendance, is there any way for me to get it back or can I apply for it again? I wasn't aware that attendance can affect my loans.
Who issued your loan? Was it SFE or SAAS?
Reply 2
It was SFE.
SFE don’t monitor attendance for standard loans. Has your university withdrawn you from the course due to low attendance?
Reply 4
According to SLC that they were informed by my award authority (SFE) that I am no longer in attendance on my course. They are therefore required to stop the payments (maintenance loan). My university didn't withdraw me from my course, I'm still in it and they didn't informed me concerning this matter.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cjdesq
According to SLC that they were informed by my award authority (SFE) that I am no longer in attendance on my course. They are therefore required to stop the payments (maintenance loan). My university didn't withdraw me from my course, I'm still in it and they didn't informed me concerning this matter.

If SFE stated that you were no longer in attendance then that’s because your university has told them that you are withdrawn from the course.

You need to speak to your university student records/registry team to the people who send information to SFE to ask what has happened.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
If SFE stated that you were no longer in attendance then that’s because your university has told them that you are withdrawn from the course.

You need to speak to your university student records/registry team to the people who send information to SFE to ask what has happened.

Ok, thank you very much for helping! really appreciate it!
Original post by Cjdesq
Hi , my maintenance loan just got revoked because of my poor attendance, is there any way for me to get it back or can I apply for it again? I wasn't aware that attendance can affect my loans.

Hi there,

The above replies from PQ are correct, SFE don't monitor attendance ourselves however we will reassess an application if the university send us information that a student is no longer attending the course. If the university withdrew you from the course in error, they can reverse this by sending the correct details to SFE.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 8
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

The above replies from PQ are correct, SFE don't monitor attendance ourselves however we will reassess an application if the university send us information that a student is no longer attending the course. If the university withdrew you from the course in error, they can reverse this by sending the correct details to SFE.

Thanks,
Tina

Ok, thank you very much!
Original post by Cjdesq
Ok, thank you very much!

You're welcome. :smile:

Should any further questions pop up, please don't hesitate to ask.

Tina.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending