Prestige:Accounting & Finance vs Management degree (both 4 years) Watch

manDarinka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Which is more prospective in your opinion in terms of employability and ultimately- SALARY earned?

Another question: I consider re-applying for Acc/Audit/Finance in the same university, as I currently hold the place in. Should I go all the way through UCAS( and have potentially more options) or just switch courses in one uni( scared to loose my place)?
All advise appreciated!
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends a lot on the University you are going to attend as well as the field you want to go into later on. Personally, I think that a BSc is better for finance jobs as the mathematical aspects of the degree would help. However, Business / Management is a very respected degree and if you're aiming to go into jobs like Consulting or Marketing then both degrees will put you in good stead.
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also, salary earned depends on the job you do and not really on the degree you get. Having said that, statistics show that Economics students do get higher starting salaries than someone who has studied Ancient History.
manDarinka
Rep:
?
(Original post by WokSz)
Also, salary earned depends on the job you do and not really on the degree you get. Having said that, statistics show that Economics students do get higher starting salaries than someone who has studied Ancient History.
Thnx, but I am not doing Economics, neither History.
uni i'm talking is Lancaster.
The only reason I'm thinking Acc/Fin degree is cz I've heard that without one it's harder to get CIO/ SE positions. Is that true?
psl89
Report 10 years ago
if you apply for accounting,auditing and finance @ lancaster, you dont have to apply for accounting and finance there again.
if you dont get in the a,a&f degree then you will be considered for a&f degree.
Of course,if you meet the grades...
manDarinka
Rep:
?
(Original post by psl89)
if you apply for accounting,auditing and finance @ lancaster, you dont have to apply for accounting and finance there again.
if you dont get in the a,a&f degree then you will be considered for a&f degree.
Of course,if you meet the grades...
i know..i wouldn;t go to A&F anyway, it's too boring. that wasn't the question i asked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads