The Student Room Group

GCSE science help (revision technique)

Hi,

I’m doing combined science AQA higher.
People say using the specification during revision is key.
How would you use the spec to revise/make flash cards etc.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Noshy-Nosh
Hi,

Thanks

Hii, what i did when I was doing my igcses was to first make a detailed notes based on the textbook / ppt slides that my teacher gave me on a topic, while referring to the spec constantly to check if i had all the details and also to use the same wording (e.g. the spec might call the alveolar wall 'alveolar epithelium', so I would refer to it as 'alveolar epithelium' in my notes). After this, I would make a second set of revision notes, or rather cramming, when there is going to be a test on this topic. I would cram all the important information from the first notes onto another sheet of paper. I found that for me I can remember the content well using this method. I don't really make flashcards, but again everyone has their own way to revise and you might find it actually working better than notes. Good luck with your gcses!
Reply 2
Original post by tang004
Hii, what i did when I was doing my igcses was to first make a detailed notes based on the textbook / ppt slides that my teacher gave me on a topic, while referring to the spec constantly to check if i had all the details and also to use the same wording (e.g. the spec might call the alveolar wall 'alveolar epithelium', so I would refer to it as 'alveolar epithelium' in my notes). After this, I would make a second set of revision notes, or rather cramming, when there is going to be a test on this topic. I would cram all the important information from the first notes onto another sheet of paper. I found that for me I can remember the content well using this method. I don't really make flashcards, but again everyone has their own way to revise and you might find it actually working better than notes. Good luck with your gcses!

thanks !
Original post by Noshy-Nosh
Hi,

Thanks

Heya!
When making revision notes,flashcards etc, it's important that you understood and noted down all the information. After you are done, you need to do practice questions to make sure you understood the topic fully and know how to answer the questions. If it helps, Study Mind offers free resources for science all done by topic :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest