Turn on thread page Beta

[Apologies, also on T2U]

Hello!

I heard a song on Virgin Radio a few weeks ago. It really bugged me, because although the verse was good, the chorus had this DRONING thing going on which made it stick in your head all day. It was a man singing. I hummed it to my boyfriend Ben and he knew what it was, and since proceeded to keep droning the chorus to me (thanks Ben). But despite it's annoyances, it was actually quite good - and both of us have forgotten it now! Can anyone enlighten us as to what the droning song is?!

THANK YOU!

Oh I remember something! I can't remember what words he's singing, but the chorus goes like this:

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh, de de de de de duhhhhhhhhhhh, de de de de de .....

Any clues?!!!

ReputationRep:
    You're not talking about a Sting song are you? It's an old one...

It really didn't sound like Sting, but what's the song called? I'll download it and see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha **)
    It really didn't sound like Sting, but what's the song called? I'll download it and see!
    Give us some of the lyrics! Play it again Sam!

I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics are lol. But I think the droning bits rhyme, like:

Ohhhhhhhh, I am a big blue droneeeeeeeeee, I have a yellow phoneeeeeeee ....

Lol! I was listening to Virgin Radio this morning but it didn't come on. I've heard it on there several times, but not recently. Hmmph!

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics are lol. But I think the droning bits rhyme, like:

Lol! I was listening to Virgin Radio this morning but it didn't come on. I've heard it on there several times, but not recently. Hmmph!
    WHAT?!?! Sounds a bit like:

# I'm blue, dabadee dabadie
    Dabadee dabadie dabadee dabadie
    I'm blue, dabadee dabadie
    Dabadee dabadie dabadee dabadie #

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    WHAT?!?! Sounds a bit like:

# I'm blue, dabadee dabadie
    Dabadee dabadie dabadee dabadie
    I'm blue, dabadee dabadie
    Dabadee dabadie dabadee dabadie #
    Arg!

ReputationRep:
    Well the Sting one is called 'Desert Rose' and the Blue Da Bee song is by Eiffel 65..
    I thought for a moment that might be a song I'd heard a couple of days ago..but this was more a guy chanting and a female singing words I couldn't hear properly. It was quite a nice song and I *hate* radio stations that don't tell you what songs they've just played!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelina*)
    Well the Sting one is called 'Desert Rose' and the Blue Da Bee song is by Eiffel 65..
    I thought for a moment that might be a song I'd heard a couple of days ago..but this was more a guy chanting and a female singing words I couldn't hear properly. It was quite a nice song and I *hate* radio stations that don't tell you what songs they've just played!
    A guy chanting and a female singing hahaha, Sean Paul and Beyonce?

No lol, it wasn't Eiffel 65! Oh, at least it's finally playing in my head now, so I can hum it to someone again.

ReputationRep:
    No lol, it wasn't Eiffel 65! Oh, at least it's finally playing in my head now, so I can hum it to someone again.
    Could be Sean Paul, no-one can make sense of any of this lyrics! Is it 'uh-dutty yeah' or 'yu dutty egg'???

Just listened to "Desert Rain" - nope, sorry, not that! Good song though. The one I want is very annoying lol.

And I think you can hear what he's saying, I just never listen to lyrics. The guy's only doing that droning thing in the chorus. Perhaps I should listen to Virgin again lol!

Thanks anyone - any more suggestions would be good.

ReputationRep:
    Just listened to "Desert Rain" - nope, sorry, not that! Good song though. The one I want is very annoying lol.

And I think you can hear what he's saying, I just never listen to lyrics. The guy's only doing that droning thing in the chorus. Perhaps I should listen to Virgin again lol!

Thanks anyone - any more suggestions would be good.
    Ooh! Is it Aqualung? If not, can you download his song 'Strange and Beautiful' anyway? It is class!

was it 'kevin lyttle - turn me on'? That has the whole droning thing going on.

ReputationRep:
    Muse!?

ReputationRep:
    Could it be the new Stereophonics song?

They seem to be adept at writing droney sounding songs... in a good way though.

Can't remember the name though, hmm. Something like 'Take a Look At Me Now'? Well, that's a lyric I remember anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    was it 'kevin lyttle - turn me on'? That has the whole droning thing going on.
    # Let me hold you, girl caress my body
    You got me going crazy, you turn me on
    Turn me on
    Let me jam you, girl wind all around me
    You got me going crazy, you turn me on
    Turn me on #

ReputationRep:
    i think i no the lyrics well some of them..........

yo listen up heres a story about a little guy that lives in a blue world and all day and all day and all night and every thing he see's is just blue like him inside and outside .blue his house with a blue little window and a blue corete and everything is blue for him and his self and everybody around becuase he got nobody no listen.............

i'm blue dabadee da die etc.................

well thats all i know

[quote from what is this droning song....!]

when i just read this, Darius popped into my head.

Could it be him? you know the guy who did pop idol and had to cut his hair, and didn't win pop idol! whats the name of that song? ....i think ....."colours" its a good song with a beat to the chorus.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.