The Student Room Group

Abroad Opportunities

Does anyone know of abroad opportunities/ programmes for an undergraduate student?
Original post by Bean_cat
Does anyone know of abroad opportunities/ programmes for an undergraduate student?

That would depend on both the course and university, neither of which you've mentioned.

(There are lots of "with study abroad" courses; see this Google search as a starting point.)
Reply 2
Thank you for your response, I'm studying computer science and I didn't mention my degree previously because I'm interested in a broad range of subjects, so I wouldn't have really minded whatever suggestion anyone had made.

In regards to my university, I'm aware that they do talk offer things such as; a semester/ year studying at a university abroad alongside different arrangements for working abroad on placement, but they weren't of interest to me because I was hoping to find something that would have a shorter duration in comparison (a few days to a week): I know ESA has some programmes but I was hoping to see what other companies would offer also.

I just did a generic post to see what types of opportunities there would be, but thanks again :smile:
...I was hoping to find something that would have a shorter duration in comparison (a few days to a week)...

So, just to clarify, you're looking for "abroad opportunities/ programmes" which last up to a week. Is that right?

There are volunteering abroad opportunities which could be for as little as a week. See some example destinations here. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
So, just to clarify, you're looking for "abroad opportunities/ programmes" which last up to a week. Is that right?

There are volunteering abroad opportunities which could be for as little as a week. See some example destinations here. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

Yeah, thank you for the link :smile:

Hi @Bean_cat,

I know that at Lancaster lots of the courses offer a study abroad year or semester within the degree. I personally am on a study abroad programme and have been offered placements in Canada, Germany and Hong Kong. It's worth looking into if it something you're interested in because it looks really good on your CV.

-Beth :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Bean_cat,

I know that at Lancaster lots of the courses offer a study abroad year or semester within the degree. I personally am on a study abroad programme and have been offered placements in Canada, Germany and Hong Kong. It's worth looking into if it something you're interested in because it looks really good on your CV.

-Beth :smile:

Thank you so much for your response, honestly it does sound fascinating to be able to go to all these different countries and experience the culture - but I feel as though a semester/ year would be too overwhelming for me, so I wanted to go for something on a smaller scale. I hope your programme goes well, it sounds very impressive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending