Should underachievers be barred from attending uni? Watch

This discussion is closed.
vidachick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I think they should tbh as that way the goverment could afford to give us all free tuition fees. Why should you be allowed to go to uni with EEE at A-level? It's absolutely ridiculous IMO.
rottcodd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vidachick)
It's absolutely ridiculous IMO.
Well, your face is ridiculous. And your mum's.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, what an original topic of conversation.
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, where should the cut off point be?
Juggy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lawlllllllll hows the refectory love?! your not doing too well on offers are you!?
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh **** off with your drivel, no-one cares..

STFU
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think they should tbh as that way the goverment could afford to give us all free tuition fees. Why should you be allowed to go to uni with EEE at A-level? It's absolutely ridiculous IMO.
So you don't want to go uni then?

And I'd say no although those who are obviously lazy are far less likely to get in.
The Mute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Would you count yourself as an 'underachiever', given that you're taking three years to complete college, when most people have no problem doing it in two?
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's it like living in a glass house?
anteguardian
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
I hope aberystwyth uni rejects you..

Peace
QuantumTheory
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah,I'm with Vidachick.
If, like her, I will get AAAAA at A level, then maybe I'll feel worthy of going.
Perfect_Gent
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why start a thread that's almost identical to another one still going? Then again you even copy your own threads!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=715422
Perfect_Gent
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anteguardian)
I hope aberystwyth uni rejects you..

Peace
Part of me hopes it doesn't, she hates the Welsh.
hollywood_swinging
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got bad grades at A-Level, but this was due to the quality of teaching at my school (which in turn really affected my motivation). I ended up with glandular fever in my second year, and effectively took A-level Music Tech (AS and A2) in two months. I got Ds in my final results, but after a phone interview with the university they let me on straight away. I got a first that year.

What I'm saying is grades say nothing about circumstance, and - sometimes - ability.
Amy***
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think everyone should have the chance to go to uni if that's what they want to do - regardless of their grades.

Going to university shouldn't only be an opportunity for the 'elite'.
Oladz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why does someone in their "3rd year of college" have a right to say who should and should not go to uni? Different strokes for different folks! Some people who havent been able to achieve at a level may knuckle down if theyre doing a course theyre genuinely interested in
adilmorrison
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Amy***)
I think everyone should have the chance to go to uni if that's what they want to do - regardless of their grades.

Going to university shouldn't only be an opportunity for the 'elite'.
So why have academic criteria at all?
apple_
Report 10 years ago
each to their own.
Some people just weren't born to be Albert Einstein
Antonia87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well hold on a minute vidachick, you have severely underachieved throughout your college career haven't you? You've admitted that yourself. In fact, it got so dire your tutor refused to write you a reference. You've taken 3 years to complete college and lets be honest your uni replies aren't looking too hopeful.
apple_
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hollywood_swinging)
I got bad grades at A-Level, but this was due to the quality of teaching at my school (which in turn really affected my motivation). I ended up with glandular fever in my second year, and effectively took A-level Music Tech (AS and A2) in two months. I got Ds in my final results, but after a phone interview with the university they let me on straight away. I got a first that year.

What I'm saying is grades say nothing about circumstance, and - sometimes - ability.

i suffered with Glandular Fever too last year, well done on getting back on track though
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads