The Student Room Group

gcse latin

Hi guys,
I have mocks soon and I am so unprepared in Latin, does anyone have any advice on how to revise for it and tricks or stuff that they could share.
Thanks soooo much
Learn the vocab! The grammar you can sorta get away with because you’re only ever translating into English and you can use common sense for that.
vocab mainly and learn grammar, at least the basics
for stuff like caesar and tacitus make sure you learn important quotes from both texts which can be linked for an 8 mark question
Original post by Caecilius79
Learn the vocab! The grammar you can sorta get away with because you’re only ever translating into English and you can use common sense for that.

thx :smile:
Original post by windowsmoment
vocab mainly and learn grammar, at least the basics
for stuff like caesar and tacitus make sure you learn important quotes from both texts which can be linked for an 8 mark question

thx :smile:
Original post by bts_army.1717
Hi guys,
I have mocks soon and I am so unprepared in Latin, does anyone have any advice on how to revise for it and tricks or stuff that they could share.
Thanks soooo much

Learn and then recite your literature passages to family/friends, and ask your teacher if they can set you practice questions on it for the analysis section, which can then be marked and given feedback.
quizlet for the vocabulary
learn grammar
practice translations

Quick Reply

Latest