Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if u asked someone whether they love someone and the answer was 'i do feel for her'.......does this mean yes i do love her or i feel sorry for her?!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    That feeling could be an :confused: ything-
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Neither. It means they like her, but don't love her (yet...)

ReputationRep:
    I would say that it actually didn't mean either of the two options- I would say that it definitiely does not mean that they feel sorry for her...I would say it means more that they do have (strong?) feelings for her, but they don't know if its love- it is a huge thing to say that you love someone. but i would say that it is a very posisitve thing. perhaps if you gave more details on the situation it would be easier to help you figure it out.

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    well.....basically the woman suffers from illness where she gets very sick when stressed/upset etc.....which is y this guy is not splitting up with her cos he feels responsible. he's tried leaving her, but her whole life depends on him. but he claims his love 4 me is true.

ReputationRep:
    im with juno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealityIsDull)
    im with juno...
    but he calls her his 'wife' although obviously they're not married, so there must be some sort of love involved whether its pitying her or not. and they are/were friends before they got into this relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    if u asked someone whether they love someone and the answer was 'i do feel for her'.......does this mean yes i do love her or i feel sorry for her?!

thanks
    It depends on the person. It could mean one of two things:

a) I'm too embaressed to admit that I love them.
    b) I don't love them but I like them as a mate and don't want to hurt their feelings.

I doubt that it means that they feel sorry for her

ReputationRep:

thanks

In that context it means they have feelings, maybe not neccessarily as strong as love. I mean if you ask someone if they love someone usually the simplest response is 'I have feelings for them'.... in a different context it might be taken as a sign of sympathy, but in this context there only seems to be one response

ReputationRep:
    well.....basically the woman suffers from illness where she gets very sick when stressed/upset etc.....which is y this guy is not splitting up with her cos he feels responsible. he's tried leaving her, but her whole life depends on him. but he claims his love 4 me is true.
    seems like hes trying to have his cake and eat it too, he's committed to this other woman but is still carrying on with you? Be careful, this may not be the case but it seems like he doesnt want to make a commitment to you and so is making excuses. hope it works out!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.