The Student Room Group

A*A*A* Computer Science

Predicted grades are A*A*A* in Maths, Comp Sci and Econ. I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Warwick, Edinburgh. I need to pick another option and am wondering whether I should be ambitious and go with Bath, Bristol or Southampton or if I should pick a safer option like QMUL or Nottingham.
Any advice?
Original post by r3v3rs32005
Predicted grades are A*A*A* in Maths, Comp Sci and Econ. I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Warwick, Edinburgh. I need to pick another option and am wondering whether I should be ambitious and go with Bath, Bristol or Southampton or if I should pick a safer option like QMUL or Nottingham.
Any advice?

How confident are you of getting three A* grades?
Quite confident. Also, I'm eligible for contextual offers from all universities. Does that give me a greater chance of receiving an offer or just a lower offer?
Original post by Reality Check
How confident are you of getting three A* grades?
Quite confident. Also, I'm eligible for contextual offers from all universities. Does that give me a greater chance of receiving an offer or just a lower offer?

It means you will probably receive an offer one or two grades lower than the standard offer requirement - but if you're looking at A*A*A*, or even A*A*A then it's going to be irrelevant. I would chuck in another ambitious choice given your predicted performance. What is the standard offer for the course at the universities you're interested in?
Original post by Reality Check
It means you will probably receive an offer one or two grades lower than the standard offer requirement - but if you're looking at A*A*A*, or even A*A*A then it's going to be irrelevant. I would chuck in another ambitious choice given your predicted performance. What is the standard offer for the course at the universities you're interested in?

Edinburgh is A*A*A* - AAB (Probably AAB as I'm contextual)
UCL is A*AB(contextual)
KCL is AAA(contextual)
Warwick is AAA(contextual)

The standard entry requirements for Bath, Bristol and Southampton are A*AA however Computer Science is very competitive and I've seen people getting rejected from these universities even while exceeding the entry requirements. Also, I don't do further maths.
UCL is A*AB(contextual)
KCL is AAA(contextual)

The standard entry requirements for Bath, Bristol and Southampton are A*AA however Computer Science is very competitive and I've seen people getting rejected from these universities even while exceeding the entry requirements. Also, I don't do further maths.

UCL definitely seems like the best choice
Any advice?

hi, im currently doing gces's and im planning to possibly take Maths, Comp Sci and Econ, was wondering what the subjects were like for you and if you could possibly give any advice with how you achieved the a*s :smile:
For Economics, my school provided use to access with uplearn which was very useful. I used that for content and did lots of exam questions to nail the technique. For CS, I watch craig and dave and do exam questions. For maths i do past paper and exam question. Basically, exam questions are very helpful
For Economics, my school provided use to access with uplearn which was very useful. I used that for content and did lots of exam questions to nail the technique. For CS, I watch craig and dave and do exam questions. For maths i do past paper and exam question. Basically, exam questions are very helpful

thank you, and just curious did you previously take economics and computing for gcses and if so did it help much?
UCL is A*AB(contextual)
KCL is AAA(contextual)

I'd go for Bath with a year in industry - it has a brilliant placement reputation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending