The Student Room Group

Praying at work

Hi,

I wanted to post this in the Islamic society but the link doesn't seem to work, however I'm wanting any recommendations on finding a comfortable prayer mat that I can use at work.

As a Muslim, I'm keen to start 2023 getting back on track with my faith and that includes putting time aside in the office to read my prayers. My employers are supportive and I'm able to do wudhu and have a space to pray.

However, the prayer mat I use isn't the thickest material and I'm kneeling on fairly strong surfaces (a marble floor isn't the best, it's safe to say!) so is there any pointers to buying a prayer mat that's handy to keep with me on my travels and/or is kinder to my old knees and ankles.

Jazakallah Khair
Original post by Aky786UK
Hi,

I wanted to post this in the Islamic society but the link doesn't seem to work, however I'm wanting any recommendations on finding a comfortable prayer mat that I can use at work.

As a Muslim, I'm keen to start 2023 getting back on track with my faith and that includes putting time aside in the office to read my prayers. My employers are supportive and I'm able to do wudhu and have a space to pray.

However, the prayer mat I use isn't the thickest material and I'm kneeling on fairly strong surfaces (a marble floor isn't the best, it's safe to say!) so is there any pointers to buying a prayer mat that's handy to keep with me on my travels and/or is kinder to my old knees and ankles.

Jazakallah Khair

There r padded prayer mats but don’t ask me where u can get it bc idk. Just search it up inshaaAllah

Quick Reply