The Student Room Group

Wonky teeth after braces

I have worn my retainer every night after getting braces off but they still have gotten wonky. I don’t like the way they look so I don’t know what to do because my orthodontist has discharged me but not sure there’s much my regular dentist can do. Also my two front teeth are quite big so I’d like them to shave them down if they can but don’t know if I can ask for that. What should I do ?
how long have you had the braces/retainer? google around for options about your front teeth but always seek professional advice. invisalign could be an option but thats very very expensive (looked into it for myself and got quotes 4k just for the bottom). id suggest contacting ur orthodontist's practice and complaining that youre not happy and seeing what they then suggest.
I've had it since July 2022 and ive been and had it tightened one time and that's when they discharged me. Not sure I can afford Invisalign but I will call my orthodontist and see what they say. I have a spare retainer for my bottem teeth which is a clear one but the ones I wear have a wire. The clear one is much tighter and feels like its moving my teeth whereas the other one doesn't so maybe they could give me a clear one for the top if they still have a mold of my teeth straight after braces. Thanks.
Original post by arch17
how long have you had the braces/retainer?google around for options about your front teeth but always seek professional advice. invisalign could be an option but thats very very expensive (looked into it for myself and got quotes 4k just for the bottom). id suggest contacting ur orthodontist's practice and complaining that youre not happy and seeing what they then suggest.

Quick Reply